Help to code Larry indicator please

Hi All

I was hopeing somebody could code this indicator. I tried metatrader tools but it seems he cant do it as he never got back to me.

Its a larry williams indicator. Its like a bollinger band but different.

Top band:

MovingAvg(close,3)+1*(movingStdDev(close,3)+AvgTrueRange(3))/2

Bottom band:

MovingAvg(close,3)-1*(movingStddev(close,3)+AvgTrueRange(3))/2

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Glen

wow looks like nobody can do it. I thought this site was full of smart people.

Yeah right!

Thanks guys anyway. I will keep searching for a smart cookie!

gdm-glen:
wow looks like nobody can do it. I thought this site was full of smart people.

Yeah right!

Thanks guys anyway. I will keep searching for a smart cookie!

So far I thought that coders are considered to be "crazy"

Here I see that the opinion shifted to "stupid"

Lately there are zillion posts in this style : "Is there somebody smart enough to...". Yes, there is. But without the magic words, you get what you had when you started beeing smart: nothing

gdm-glen:
wow I thought this site was full of smart people.

Yeah right!

I will keep searching for a smart cookie!

"...right!..." - with such attitude: "...keep searching..." harder, and you will find "...smart cookie... in ...site full of smart people"

mladen:
So far I thought that coders are considered to be "crazy"

Here I see that the opinion shifted to "stupid"

Lately there are zillion posts in this style : "Is there somebody smart enough to...". Yes, there is. But without the magic words, you get what you had when you started beeing smart: nothing

no i never said stupid..thats your words. "but without the magic words"..i'm sure i asked nicely..maybee not hey. Anyway i see lots of useless indicators on this site people spend time making. This is a interesting indicator and i have tried to get it done by paying a "professional" so it does seem hard as he couldnt do it.

Not to worry as that code works in Tradestation so i will keep useing it there.

From what i read here it seems unless you tell everybody you have the magic system nobody wants to help.

Thanks anyway.

gdm-glen:
no i never said stupid..thats your words. "but without the magic words"..i'm sure i asked nicely..maybee not hey. Anyway i see lots of useless indicators on this site people spend time making. This is a interesting indicator and i have tried to get it done by paying a "professional" so it does seem hard as he couldnt do it.

Not to worry as that code works in Tradestation so i will keep useing it there.

From what i read here it seems unless you tell everybody you have the magic system nobody wants to help.

Thanks anyway.

Your indicator works fine - thanks

Xard777

so How do you trade this?.... when the price touches a line and then go in the opposite direction for a few pips on a bounce?...how can a trader use this indicator?

looks like a scalping EA in development...maybe the slope of the two lines could determine which line to trade off of...hmmmm...

But I am dumb and what do I know...? I just sit here in my living room on a Saturday in my boxer shorts looking for the Holy Grail.

Hey put some MTF lines of this indy on there and get some divergence zones...no? Compare it to itself! and call it trading from price action...that will get you the Hits and interest! Hey call it ScalpBands by Larry Williams...Frequent traders can use the inner bands with tight SLs and TP's...medium traders can use the next bands...and conservative risk traders can use the outer bands to reverse off of...martinagale traders can "add to" at each band breach...and so forth...I really got to go now...

ES

He wants this...

for (i=0;i<limit;i++)

{

... 5 additional lines of code (if you want it tidy)

}

[/PHP]

What I wanted to say is that coding is a lonesome job (sitting after midnight to find an error is not exactly what folks imagine coders do) Anyone dumb enough to do the sitting part has left his vanity somewhere else a long time ago.

So do not try to provoke vanity, there is none left, just plain stubborn bunch of half crazed guys (sorry for shovinistic outburst, but...) that are 90% of the time assking themselfes "where the hell did I go wrong". If nothing else, be polite to that bunch

BTW: a present - code for Tradestation, since the one from post #1 is not for it

[PHP]

Plot1( Average(close,3)+1*(StdDev(close,3)+AvgTrueRange(3))/2, "Plot1" ) ;

Plot2( Average(close,3)-1*(StdDev(close,3)+AvgTrueRange(3))/2, "Plot2" ) ;
Files:
bands.gif  11 kb

Larry calls it a WilHi/Low indicator.

I did his million dollar challenge course and liked this one.

this is what larry says about this one but i use this very differently than him.

" these are merely averages i use to look at to get an idea where price may be headed, they can als be used for buys and sells but are not as mechanical as most my trades. wilHi creates a channel of the highs, Willo of the lows and WLM of the mid price of the ranges."

Seems pretty logical hey.

the code above is from tradestation as it works in there. and yes metatradertools queried the code but never got back after that. Thats why i'm here.

I use this indicator in tradestation on tick charts on the S&P and it rarely looses. What i do is look for a spike to happen on a short time frame and long time frame at the same time with some divergence on pivots, fibs. It makes money more times than not. (about 9 out of ten times)

I was hopeing to try it on the forex, even though tick charts arent available in metatrader, the principle should be the same. Not too sure on time charts though but hopeing it was ok.

If you look at the indicator you should notice that when a spike happens the price moves to the otherside of the band. Very nice for scalping. I also have seen this on longer time frame charts without divergence and it seems to pick long term reversals.

I can send pictures if you are interested.

Yes post them here...

gdm-glen:
Larry calls it a WilHi/Low indicator.

I did his million dollar challenge course and liked this one.

this is what larry says about this one but i use this very differently than him.

" these are merely averages i use to look at to get an idea where price may be headed, they can als be used for buys and sells but are not as mechanical as most my trades. wilHi creates a channel of the highs, Willo of the lows and WLM of the mid price of the ranges."

Seems pretty logical hey.

the code above is from tradestation as it works in there. and yes metatradertools queried the code but never got back after that. Thats why i'm here.

I use this indicator in tradestation on tick charts on the S&P and it rarely looses. What i do is look for a spike to happen on a short time frame and long time frame at the same time with some divergence on pivots, fibs. It makes money more times than not. (about 9 out of ten times)

I was hopeing to try it on the forex, even though tick charts arent available in metatrader, the principle should be the same. Not too sure on time charts though but hopeing it was ok.

If you look at the indicator you should notice that when a spike happens the price moves to the otherside of the band. Very nice for scalping. I also have seen this on longer time frame charts without divergence and it seems to pick long term reversals.

I can send pictures if you are interested.
Reason: