Elite indicators :) - page 261

mladen:
This is just a short "BTW"

It is an updated SSA library. It is a bit faster (never enough speed when it comes to SSA) and it is made independent of some dll's it was depending on before (in some cases those dependencies are very hard to detect and correct - so in this one there is no such a possible issue)

The size of the dll is bigger then before but don't worry : it is in a function of what I said above (in this case smaller is not better ) Also, all one has to do is to overwrite the old dll - no additional change is required (just make sure not to run SSA when overwriting otherwise windows itself will not allow you to do the update)

PS: the maximum number of calculated bars of 5000 still stands - the reason is simple : in order to keep the things as fast as possible 2 dimensional arrays needed for calculations are declared statically and a maximum of 5000 bars seems as a reasonable choice

I have been away of the elite section for a long time! You have stimulated my curiosity about ssa tools! I am trying #_FullSSA_normalize.mq4 indicator with your new library, it seems to be a grail.. My system seems slower (mouse just hang here and there in mt4.) Is this the best SSA indicator or is there anything better? It repaint but is it so bad? Can it be trust anyhow? Or maybe i am just missing some infos, maybe you could link me? So far i have found many threads with partial related informations but no definitive guide to SSA. Thanks in advance for any helpfull directions.

Additional Input

Hi mladen,

Would it be possible for you to add the 'ForSymbol' option so that I can plot multiple instances of the indicator for other currency pairs on the same chart? Would you have to create more dll's in order to do this?

Could you also add the 'Invert' option as well, just as you have done for me in the past.

In regards to the 'Lag' input, is there a way to dynamically adjust it?

As always, I very much appreciate your assistance.

-spotforex

mladen:
yama

I hope I understood correctly : made a histo version of it and multi time frame

regards Mladen

Lawgirl RSI(3) trend indicator

mladen:
Mark

This should do it

Some explanation of the non standard parameters :
alertsWhen-> is the number of signals you want to be aligned in the same direction. When that value is reached or the number of same direction signals is greater than it alerts is triggered (it is controlled by the alertsOnmain switch - if set to false no alerts will be triggered at all) Once the alert is triggered in one direction it will not be triggered until the direction changes to opposite direction

alertsImmediate-> it is here for one purpose only : do you want alerts to be triggered immediately when you place the ondicator on chart or if you change time frames or you want to wait until the direction of the initial trend (the one found when you placed indicator on chart) changes direction

I tried to keep the code that manages the alerts together so that it would be easy to see what is done. Individual symbols for alerts are not selectable now but the whole list of symbols used is taken into consideration

regards

Mladen

Hi Mladen

many thanks; i am a poor coder at this level so many thanks for your efforts; i am on the other side of the world so i am only trying to be woken up when "super" opportunities exist and i have found that there is a correlation between those multiple RSI (3) arrows and also the RSI value for each arrow being less than or greater than 50 (depending on direction);

It is after the second condition is also met (the rsi(3) value being less than or greater than 50) as well as the arrows in the same direction (which you have kindly done) that i wanted the alarm to sound;

It must be obvious that i cant do this myself but i dont necessarily wish to burden you either and take advantage of your good nature...but the above was what i was trying to achieve...i.e...that second condition per arrow being present also prior to the alarm..

kind regards...and much appreciation for what you have already done

Mark

e.g...these condition were met on cadjpy today....and when i last looked...that appeared to be a good trade on the short side

Yves

klot's original won't work with libSSA without changes in the code (by default it uses SSA library that also was written by klot and it is a mql library) libSSA.dll is not 100% compatible with klots work.

At a time when simba asked me to see if something can be done to fast the SSA up, what I tried to keep as original is the order and type of parameters used by klot but that is all - the internals are very different in a lot of ways (you can see it in the post where I posted the C source for libSSA) and that is the reason why they are not compatible. The new libSSA is compatible to previous version of it, just that I made some changes in it that were described at the post but it is still not compatible with klots ones

Anyway, here is klots fullSSA indicator made to use libSSA (so this one is much faster, the freezing of the mouse is the primary reason why libSSA was made - try the original with 5000 bars : go to a lunch and when you come back you maybe will find it working (joking now, but that is a problem with mql and any code that is a bit more complicated and when it comes to arrays, metatrader is in some cases simply sluggish))
As of usage of it (SSA) - one thread that could help is this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608

Don't be mislead by the "TMA" in name - as I said a couple of times - centered triangular moving average is very, very similar in results to SSA (except for the last Lag bars where only the extrapolation method differs but even there they look similar)

PS: the logic of arrows that are drawn by the indicator need to be changed too, but in this version I left it as is : the changes in code were strictly in order to make it work with libSSA

PPS: attached the corrected fullSSA (that does not leave arrows all around the screen) And forgot to mention : these need libSSA.dll in the libraries folder in order to work properly

GreatYves:
I have been away of the elite section for a long time! You have stimulated my curiosity about ssa tools! I am trying #_FullSSA_normalize.mq4 indicator with your new library, it seems to be a grail.. My system seems slower (mouse just hang here and there in mt4.) Is this the best SSA indicator or is there anything better? It repaint but is it so bad? Can it be trust anyhow? Or maybe i am just missing some infos, maybe you could link me? So far i have found many threads with partial related informations but no definitive guide to SSA. Thanks in advance for any helpfull directions.

mladen:
Yves

klot's original won't work with libSSA without changes in the code (by default it uses SSA library that also was written by klot and it is a mql library) libSSA.dll is not 100% compatible with klots work.

At a time when simba asked me to see if something can be done to fast the SSA up, what I tried to keep as original is the order and type of parameters used by klot but that is all - the internals are very different in a lot of ways (you can see it in the post where I posted the C source for libSSA) and that is the reason why they are not compatible. The new libSSA is compatible to previous version of it, just that I made some changes in it that were described at the post but it is still not compatible with klots ones

Anyway, here is klots fullSSA indicator made to use libSSA (so this one is much faster, the freezing of the mouse is the primary reason why libSSA was made - try the original with 5000 bars : go to a lunch and when you come back you maybe will find it working (joking now, but that is a problem with mql and any code that is a bit more complicated and when it comes to arrays, metatrader is in some cases simply sluggish))
As of usage of it (SSA) - one thread that could help is this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608

Don't be mislead by the "TMA" in name - as I said a couple of times - centered triangular moving average is very, very similar in results to SSA (except for the last Lag bars where only the extrapolation method differs but even there they look similar)

PS: the logic of arrows that are drawn by the indicator need to be changed too, but in this version I left it as is : the changes in code were strictly in order to make it work with libSSA

PPS: attached the corrected fullSSA (that does not leave arrows all around the screen) And forgot to mention : these need libSSA.dll in the libraries folder in order to work properly

Mladen,

Thanks for both the new libSSA and for adapting the Normalized indicator...you rock,as usual

S

mladen:
Yves

Thanks to both of you MLADEN and SIMBA! You guys are simply genious! And i mean it!

Files:

Simba

The "fourierized" for now
regards

Mladen

Thanks

mladen:
Simba The "fourierized" for now
regards Mladen

Mladen,

Thanks again...;)

S