Coding help - page 454

This is closest I can have.

Still not exactly each candle but close enough to test when market start.

Files:

MQL4Newbie:
This is closest I can have.

Still not exactly each candle but close enough to test when market start.

MQL4Newbie

Here is a version that is converted to show on the main chart : directional_breakout_on_chart.mq4

mladen:
MQL4Newbie Here is a version that is converted to show on the main chart : directional_breakout_on_chart.mq4

Thank you so much, still I have learned some lines of coding

Thank you, again /SetLoopCount/ again

Yes mladen - regardless of direction Just want average of last "X" swings. Youi cna use the standard zigzag in MT4 or if you have a version with better math you can use that also. I trust your judgement on this. Thanks again for you time and response.

mladen:
Regardless of the dirrection?

PS: which zigzag are you using? Please attach it

pipmagnet:
Yes mladen - regardless of direction Just want average of last "X" swings. Youi cna use the standard zigzag in MT4 or if you have a version with better math you can use that also. I trust your judgement on this. Thanks again for you time and response.

OK.

Will be done

Hello mladen ,

I was trying to use i cumtom "NonLag ma nrp 2 nmc" for my ea .

I was writing the code like

double MA_Signal = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"NonLag ma nrp 2 nmc",NlmPeriod,NlmPrice,PctFilter,Shift,0);

It can open trade but i cant change the "PctFilter" value like 2.5 , it only can insert 2 or 3 (round number) , why ?

I try to change it direct in the code and compile warning is "truncation of constant value"

And the shift function is not working too , can you give me some advice ?

Thank you .

stevenpun:
Hello mladen ,

I was trying to use i cumtom "NonLag ma nrp 2 nmc" for my ea .

I was writing the code like

double MA_Signal = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"NonLag ma nrp 2 nmc",NlmPeriod,NlmPrice,PctFilter,Shift,0);

It can open trade but i cant change the "PctFilter" value like 2.5 , it only can insert 2 or 3 (round number) , why ?

I try to change it direct in the code and compile warning is "truncation of constant value"

And the shift function is not working too , can you give me some advice ?

Thank you .

stevenpun

All seems to be working OK for me

See the example attached : _test_1.mq4

As of shift : all shift does is it shifts the indicator display on chart. Current bar value is still O-th element of buffer and so on regardless where it is displayed. Shift does not change that. It just makes it appear as if it is a value of another bar

Files:
_test_1.mq4  2 kb

Hi.

My first attempt to build an EA was a total faliure, I have not given up my strategy idea just jet.

For my next implantation and twist i need help to define a bollinger band squeeze. It is easy to identify but hard to define.

Thanks

EDIT: Can I use standard deviation in some way to identify a squeeze?

mladen:
stevenpun

All seems to be working OK for me

See the example attached : _test_1.mq4

As of shift : all shift does is it shifts the indicator display on chart. Current bar value is still O-th element of buffer and so on regardless where it is displayed. Shift does not change that. It just makes it appear as if it is a value of another bar

Thanks , i find out the problem now .

I have insert wrong code

extern int PctFilter[/CODE] , correct code is [CODE]extern double PctFilter

Thanks mladen , you have help me a lot

hello traders/ coders

any one help me with this indicator, i need a small help that i need to a alert with pop up window for this indicator

alert 1 tenkan - kijun cross

alert 2 senkou A- senkou B cross

with pop up window

thanks in advance

abmmalay

Files:
ichimoku.mq4  7 kb
ichimoku.ex4  13 kb
Reason: