Array resize bug in beta build 530 - page 7

angevoyageur:
Have you tried the mql5 metaeditor (or new mql4 editor which is the same) ? There is a lot of improvements.

Yes a lot of improvements it is like getting out of a Ford and into a Merc.

angevoyageur:
Agree. I would add that mql5 provides more "low" level functions than mql4. For example a lot of people complain about iBarShift() not existing in mql5. But mql5 provides more detailed functions, so you can build your own iBarShift() and provides also oop so you can reuse it easily in any project (of course oop isn't mandatory to reuse it). Not sure if my explanation is clear, as my English is yet somewhat rudimentary.

Don't apologize for your English, it is pretty damn good for it not to be your first language. There are English people who do not use the language as well as you do, trust me on that.

SDC:

Don't apologize for your English, it is pretty damn good for it not to be your first language, there are English people who do not use the language as well as you do, trust me on that.

Thank you, that encourages me to continue learning.

You're welcome :)

angevoyageur: It's a good overview, except for polymorphism. When you said "Can the function handle integer_array as well as double_arrays" it's not about polymorphism, it's function overloading. You can also have operator overloading in mql5 (wrongly translated to operation overloading). OOP and polymorphism is more than that. I don't have time to elaborate (especially in English), so I suggest you to read mql5 introduction to polymorphism.
You're right thats more Over Loading. Do you have a good example of Polymorphism?

ubzen:
You're right thats more Over Loading. Do you have a good example of Polymorphism?

Adapated from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphism_(computer_science):

class Animal {
    virtual string talk();
}

class Cat : public Animal {
    string talk() {return "Meow!";}
}

class Dog : public Animal {
    string talk() {return "Woof!";}
}

ubzen:

This is a good example: http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2003/12/image3_copy0.jpg

Explained

Good one . I don't know why they give these simple things these names.

Thank You. Nice and simple. I wish more material about OOP would stop talking about the terminology without its implementation. Just show me .

After fruits (apple, pear), cat, dog and animal. The lack of imagination is terrible when people are talking about oop. (cyclops993, not about you, but wikipedia.) Which real program need a class "animal" with a method "talk". I will post a "trading" example as soon as possible.
Reason: