MT4 History Center 1 Minutes Data Not Showing - page 2

RaptorUK :
You have to run period_converter for each timeframe and specify the timeframe you want, 5 for M5, 15 for M15, 30 for M30, 60 for H1, etc

Hi! I drag the period_converter to a chart(MN) and click 'Ok'. There is no any respond at all so try to click another TF and it will ask me whether i want to stop the script. How long do I need to wait and will it prompt me when it finish converting?

Thank you,

WHRoeder :
Or get the script Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01 that does all in one pass.

Hi! Could you tell me where could i download this and how do i use them? Thanks.

aboka :

Hi! I drag the period_converter to a chart(MN) and click 'Ok'. There is no any respond at all so try to click another TF and it will ask me whether i want to stop the script. How long do I need to wait and will it prompt me when it finish converting?

Thank you,

You drag period_converter to a M1 chart, then enter the timeframe you want to create - ExtPeriodMultiplier (5 for M5, 60 for H1, 240 for H4, etc), when it is done it tells you how many bars it has created

2013.07.16 15:39:50 period_converter GBPUSD,M1: 105719 record(s) written

- look in the experts tab.

aboka :

Hi! Could you tell me where could i download this and how do i use them? Thanks.
You might not want to use it . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141245/page5

RaptorUK : You might not want to use it . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141245/page5
Works fine with my change.

WHRoeder :
Works fine with my change.

Ah, OK, I wasn't sure if that was your fix or the original code.

RaptorUK :

You drag period_converter to a M1 chart, then enter the timeframe you want to create - ExtPeriodMultiplier (5 for M5, 60 for H1, 240 for H4, etc), when it is done it tells you how many bars it has created

Will try it on the weekend and revert. Thanks and Have a great weekend :)

RaptorUK :

Hi! I just try again but to no avail.... Here is what I do -

1) Start MT4 by Ava

2) Go inside History Center

3) Delete everything inside EURUSD(all TF)

4) Import EURUSD data starting from 2011 to Jul 2013

5) Open a new M1 EURUSD chart

6) Drag 'period_converter' to the chart and enter 5 into 'ExtPeriodMultiplier'

7) Check 'Experts' tab for successful data written msg

8) Click 'M5' TF and it will show 'Waiting for data' and nothing happens

9) Go inside History Center and click on M5 but its all empty.

Have done the same for M15 & M30 with same result. What have I done wrong? Please advice.

Thank you,

aboka :

Hi! I just try again but to no avail.... Here is what I do -

Have done the same for M15 & M30 with same result. What have I done wrong? Please advice.

You need to think about what you are doing . . . what is priod_converter doing for you ? why are you using it is you are going to download M5, M15, M30, etc ?

Download just M1, check you have downloaded all the M1 data you want by shutting down MT4, starting it, opening a M1 chart and checking that you have the history you want . . . when you have confirmed you have the M1 Historythen you can run period_converter on the M1 chart to create the M5 data, then run it again to create the M15 data, then again to create the M30 data, etc, etc. all other timeframes are created from the M1 data so there can be no History errors.

Hi! I just like to report back that i have try more ways to fix the 'history not shown' but to no avail. But i have found another solution - download and use another broker's MT4. Now i have the last 10 years history for all the charts.

Thank you everyone for your help. Especially RaptorUK :)

cheers,

Reason: