Optimization make me confuse. :(

I have  a EA ,and do optimization many times, and the result make me so confuse....

It's appear that the result is Significant different in different period , for example ,optimization result in Jan.2013 only,is different with Feb. and if you do it from Jan. to Feb. you get another.

so.... one set of the input variable,is only suitable for some specific period .

even if you make a long term optimization, no one can tell you that the result you have got will be suitable for the future.....

I'm so confuse and lost my mind , it seem to be very difficult to find a way to go on.  

Maybe this is THE market . just the same as no one can tell you the market will going bearish or bullish . is it right? 

xhxiang:

I have  a EA ,and do optimization many times, and the result make me so confuse....

It's appear that the result is Significant different in different period , for example ,optimization result in Jan.2013 only,is different with Feb. and if you do it from Jan. to Feb. you get another.

so.... one set of the input variable,is only suitable for some specific period .

even if you make a long term optimization, no one can tell you that the result you have got will be suitable for the future.....

I'm so confuse and lost my mind , it seem to be very difficult to find a way to go on.  

Maybe this is THE market . just the same as no one can tell you the market will going bearish or bullish . is it right? 

Do  you use MT4 or MT5? It depends on quality of data/history and you may have a bug in your EA thats why it gives so different results.

xhxiang:

This is Forex.

Different periods will have different market conditions. The market doesn't follow any given set of rules to be bearish or bullish. No set of rules will be good enough for all market conditions. That's why one needs to rethink or fine tune strategies for different market conditions. This is not only valid for forex but for all instruments.

To fine out which variable is suitable for tomorrow is a big problem.@_@

haoxiang xie:
To fine out which variable is suitable for tomorrow is a big problem.@_@
That is the trick, and since we cannot tell what tomorrow is going to bring in life, nevermind Forex trading.  The best you can hope for is be right more often than you are wrong, and also, be right in the $ more often than you are in the wrong side of the $.
Reason: