Discussion of article "Creating a Multi-Currency Indicator, Using a Number of Intermediate Indicator Buffers"

New article Creating a Multi-Currency Indicator, Using a Number of Intermediate Indicator Buffers is published:

There has been a recent rise of interest in the cluster analyses of the FOREX market. MQL5 opens up new possibilities of researching the trends of the movement of currency pairs. A key feature of MQL5, differentiating it from MQL4, is the possibility of using an unlimited amount of indicator buffers. This article describes an example of the creation of a multi-currency indicator.

Figure 4. RSI by the indexes

Author: Alexey

Thanks Alexey,

Great job!!

Nicely written article and your source code is well structured and easy to read. 

I had a couple of "take-aways"  that I learned:

#1how to annotate input parameters to have a better "user" experience;

#2 how to create a "status" label for immediate feedback;

#3 how to integrate custom-coded indicators;

#4 synchronizing current bars;

...as well as  using a boat-load of buffers!!!

thx,

payne 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events - Documentation on MQL5

Great article!

I'm working on s.th. similar, calculating currency indexes for an arbitrary number of currencies and displaying their indexes relative to another.

My approach to make the indexes comparable is to compare the relative movements of each currency pairs and currency indexes.

The relative movement is calculated by the formula: log ((current_tick.ask + current_tick.bid) / (last_tick.ask + last_tick.bid))

when a currency pair XXXYYY goes up, it means XXX gains relative to YYY, then the quotient of the current price divided by the last price is greater than 1 and the log is positive.

when a currency pair XXXYYY goes down, it means XXX loses relative to YYY, then the quotient of the current price divided by the last price is smaller than 1 and the log is negative.

This way has the following advantage:

- the accumulated movements can easily be calculated as the sum of smaller movements, e.g. the up/down movement in a 1 minute bar is the sum of all the ticks movements within that bar.

- movements of currency pairs can be compared directly.

- currency movement indexes can be calculated as sums of currency pair movements.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

This is a great tool. Do you have an MT4 version?

Hello Alexsey,

I'm using multi currency  a lot with RSI and Stochastic. When I use MACD the currency JPY is not working ( flat line). Do you have any help ?

thanks

Silvano

Hello Mr Alexey Klenov,

First of all thank you for developing such a wonderful Indicator, which has really help me to track a bunch of currency at the same time. I really appreciate you to share this indicator for free. Sir I had tried to develop a "Rate of change indicator" with your code and I tried much to solve the error which is 'USDx' - parameter conversion not allowed and this error is coming with all currency. Could you please check my coding and do the necessary changes. here I am attaching both the codes.

regards,

Files:
ROC.mq5  3 kb

MACD of JPY is alway flat, any reason for that?
Reason: