General - page 1951

Is there a way to change color for this indicator so when it's in positive to stay green and when it's negative to lets say be red! Any help is apreciated!
MT4 expert closes orders without a reason. Here is a ticket number:503690 I have an expert running for a month but this week it closed several times without any reason. OrderClose is based on time, maybe you are playing with the time this week: if (Hour()>=CloseHour) {...
I have built a strategy to check for the cross-over of the Ichimoku clouds,i.e., MODE_SENKOUSPANA & MODE_SENKOUSPANB. On the MT3, gave me only 1% return over 7 months. Not so good, but I feel good about the Expert MT4 so far. Only time will tell! Wonder anyone working with the Ichimoku clouds...
MetaTrader 4. Build 168. 1. Updated data pumping; 2. Updated working through DataCenter; 3. Updated last data viewing in "Data Window"; 4. Updated internal news receiving; 5. Updated internal mail working; 6. Updated Dictionary of MetaEditor IDE; 7. Updating based on crash-logs. New version...
  NZD/USD
Is the above pair available on the platform? If not, any particular reason? Also are any indices or indices futures available?
In MT3 you can set the debug mode to ON using this command: SetDebugMode(MODE_FILE+MODE_VALUES+MODE_DETAILS); How is it in MT4?
Hi, I was wondering whether it's possible to code an alert based on an simple moving average crossing a trendline ? There would be 2 trendlines (triangle). Is it possible for mq4 and/or mql language to identify a generic trendline? Ideally I'd like the same script on a number of currency pairs,...
  MT4 Periods...  (5)
Hi, It would be nice if an MT4 user had the ability to select any time period. However, until that is possible it would be extremely helpful if Metatrader added both the 10 Minute period and the 2 Hour period. Thanks.
Hi, everybody, I interest to learn more on expert script, where can I get the manual or userguide, by the way, i have use metatrader to trader forex since 2 years ago, i am tired with continuing monitoring the market, my eyes get red, i wonder if i can learn to write an expert advisor program that...
How do you calculate OHLC with MT3 api ? Is it consistent across all MT3 servers or a broker based setting ? For example, I got tick data : bid/ask 1.2921/1.2924 ... 1.2919/1.2922 with the in between ticks being one of those 2. When I got the server data for that same period it gave me : O =...
  OrderSend Failed  (6)
I have an expert advisor running with just one line of code: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-20*Point,Ask+2*Point, NULL, 0, 0, Aqua); What's suppose to happen is that it should keep buying until I'm broke. I'm just testing it this way because this function is not being executed by MetaTrader4...
I keep getting this error in my experts log continually.. ArrayInitialize function internal error The funny thing is the code works fine and does exactly what I want it to do, it is just these errors in the log. This is an extract from the code I am using. double array_price[][6]; double...
I have a demo mini-forex $3000 account with the following lots allocation logic: vLots= Ceil(Balance * 3.0/10000)/10; if vLots < 0.1 then vLots=lots; if vLots > 1 then vLots=Ceil(vlots); if vLots > 5 then vLots=5; Keep getting this error in the journal: 05:05:33 '69451': order buy stop 0.10...
- what time does the time field in TickInfo struct represent ? - is it possible to turn off pump so I can get historical data, then turn pump back on ? - will MT4 servers be backward compatible w/ MT3 client ? Thanks, Chris
I am developing using the metatrader 3 api Here's my question: Say I have 10 1 unit buy positions. Then, say I want to perform 1 10 unit sell order. Now, I need to enact 10 CloseByOrder(..,..) calls. How long do I need to wait between API calls, to avoid &quot;too frequent requests&quot; error...
Hello, When attempting to use iStdDevOnArray(), CPU usage spikes to 100% and kills MT4. here is the call from my code: StdDev_Buffer[i]=iStdDevOnArray(Some_Buffer,0,Some_Lookback,MODE_SMA,0,i);
the indicator: /*[[ Name := ButterFly Author := Copyright ?2002, MetaQuotes Software Corp. Link := http://www.metaquotes.ru Notes := Separate Window := No First Color := Blue First Draw Type := Symbol First Symbol := 217 Use Second Data := No Second Color := Red Second Draw...
I have to admit that MT3/MT4 are by far the best trading platforms I have ever tried. Too bad never got involved earlier, but it is never too late. If it is not too much to ask, do you think in the future MT4's, it could also support P&F charting, including indicators to allow us to see when prices
double arr[]; arr[1]=22.0; Print ("array.... ", DoubleToStr(arr[1],4),">>>",arr[1]); arr[1]=22.0+1.5; Print ("array.... ", DoubleToStr(arr[1],4),">>>",arr[1]); results in log file are: 21:09:17 test2 GBPUSD,M1: array.... 0.0000>>>0 21:09:17 test2 GBPUSD,M1: array.... 0...
There's seems to be an error with in way that the Open Account dialog appears. I'm not saying that there's nothing wrong with it, it's just in terms of why it &quot;should&quot; appear. The problem is that it's appearing automatically when there's (no connection). The only reason, in my opinion,...
Dear all, I am using FxDirectDealer is based on MT3. My expert advisor want to close the buy trade at the specific open price. 1. Does the CloseOrde have a return value on MT3? So we could know if the open order has been closed or not? 2. Can we CloseOrder with current market price? 3. If we...
Hi All, I like the MetaTrader platform and have some ideas I want to program in, custom indicators and so on. Is MQL4 conceptually similar to other languages? I'm not a programmer, though I learned enough to do what I wanted to in MetaStock, but the MetaStock language is a lot different than the...
I have the fallowing code for a customized indicator. Basically, I found that it detects the end of micro-trends, before the price corrects itself. However, the only drawback is that since I have several loops, and I placed the indicator on a profile that has many charts on it, it takes a while to...
  Smiley  (2)
When I attach an expert advisor to a chart - what does the &quot;sad&quot; smiley mean?
  Brokers  (1)
Does anybody have a list of brokers in Europe who use Metatrader platform?
  Trailing stop  (5)
Just a question on the working of a trailing stop loss (TSL). Do I need to be connected to the server for the TSL to execute? I have had three failed TSL's in the last two days. I execute a buy and set the TSL to 30 PIP. I shut down the PC overnight and the next morning, it had not executed...
I have an idea to write my own tester in the form of an indicator. The requirement - with minimal rework the Expert Advisor must be suitable for both standard and self-written testers. This is achieved by adding the prefix my to the standard constants and functions. Optimization is also acceptable
  Close a position  (1)
if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol()) { if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) Is there an advantage of this code or is it possible to say: if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() { if(OrderType()==OP_BUY else (OrderType must bi OP_SELL)
Hello, is it possible to customize the metatrader client? we would like to put in some new functionality, like a new button where our customers get a different look - no charting, just signals, programmed in mlq. If this is impossible, is there any ability to get the interface discription how the...
hi i have Root-Server ! how much Traffic used MetaTrader Client MAX per month ca. ? more 2 GB Traffic ? Thanks