General - page 1798

I came across a strategy that helps determine the best times to trade and need a little help programming it. Here it goes Essentially what I want to do is measure the highly volitle periods of a currency pair over the last month Using bollbands,and store the "high volitility times" for that pair to...
Please anyone information on Commitments of Trader data for metatrader. I hear that there are tools available but do not know where from I can get them. thanks you
  Need Indicators  (1)
hi all i need the seam Indicators http://prosignal.net/performance.htm
Can you tell me brokers that offer demo accounts that do not expire?
If I give each EA a separate magic number, on the same demo account, will this allow each EA to run independent of each other?
I have backtested a daily EA on various time frames (from M5 to H1) and I am getting different results. The EA in question is SimpleDailyRangeBreakout and simply buys/sells at a % of the previous days range .... so why would I get different results on a daily EA if I backtest at different...
  Force Refresh?  (5)
Hi I have an indicator that works well apart from one problem. I have to change the time frame of the chart to force it to refresh and repaint the dots. My question then is is there a line of code I can add to the indicator that will force it to automatically refresh at the start of a new bar/candle...
ive just seen an advert on this forum for 0-pip spread at Neuimex :: Forex For Professionals :: NEXTTPRO Platform how can that be right? must be some dodgy dealing there right? they also have a trend indicator page FOREX, FUTURES, CFD. . ..:: Commission free trading, online real-time trading signals...
I'm running few instances of MT4. After updating all instances to verion 201, all open charts in all MT4 instances where closed (not by me), instead a new EURUSD chart was opened (again - not by me). And 4 very strange accounts where added to my accounts list - see attached image. Slawa or anybody...
  IBFX Live Feed  (1)
I have been comparing the IBFX live feed with the Oanda live feed, the IBFX feed is much 'sparser' then the Oanda feed, to the point where price movements on the 1min chart sometimes look very different. The IBFX price keeps 'gaping' between bars, sometimes bars may only have 1 tick etc. Is there...
Need some help coding this.... I am trying to measure the Highest/lowest level of the CCI and use it as a "trailing stop". for example if I am in a long position and the CCI peaks out at 250 I want to exit the position when it comes down to 240. I have made it work by using 50 different levels and...
  Goblin "BiPolar" Edition  (872   1 2 3 4 5 ... 87 88)
Attached is a new version of Goblin named "BiPolar Goblin" based on the trading concept used by xxDavidxSxx of running two Goblins concurrently for the same pair on separate charts - one for buys and one for sells. This edition runs both the buy and the sell side as separate sub-EA's packaged in one
Hi Everyone, I need help or explaination: Problem: I want to use an EA on a custom timeframe chart which uses the Period_Converter_Opt. I've created a 3 minute chart and attached the EA I'm testing. As a result no orders are sent. It says it is running. I've tried the same settings in the EA on...
I downloaded the historical data (eg. usdjpy 1m) from alpari and import into alpari metatrader through history center. (i tried not to download the data directly from history center) Everything seems great and I am trying to backtesting now. I am testing on period 30min and after a few times of...
TO ALL MY FRENZ..I WANT CONVERT THIS INDI TO EA, TF H1..HOPEFULLY U ALL CAN MAKE IT...
Need a winning trading sys, help me out.
Hello all, I've tried and tried again to use the email alert system on MT4, with no luck. Can anyone please post the system setup one would use to email an alert when one appears. I use gmail.com, however I have no problem setting up an SMTP account. Please help.....I need some sleep. Thanks for all...
Does anyone know where I can find the mq4 file for this indicator? It is called CandleLight Patterns. I have been testing it and it seems like a good indicator. Thanks, Mike
Does anyone know/remember who created this indicator? I cannot find the thread where it was located and a search turns up no matches. Please help! Thank you
Guys..i know it's christmass and all, but i wonder if any one could help me finding the Fibopiv_v2 wich shows the past days so i can test it i only have the version that shows the same day..thanks in advance, merry christmass and happy new year to all
All the EAs I have on Metatrader 4 used to work, it would trigger trades and alerts. Ever since my demo account expired, 99% of the EAs no longer does work like they used to. I also had tried reinstalling MT4, but no such luck. Any ideas? BTW, I know someone will ask if I have the "SMILEY" face,...
look this 95% profit think about this
I need help to all bro... i hope u all can code for me this expert. Buy open buy if CCI > -280.00 close buy if STOCH > 90 Sell open sell if CCI > +150.00 close sell if STOCH > 4 correct me if im wrong..
  Old system (100 pips)  (11   1 2)
"Trading rules 1. Units: Use .50 (50 cent) units for every $5000. Trade with 200:1 margin. 2. Each day at 7 AM or 8 AM, check direction for trade, using MACD, RSI, and 13 period MA. 3. If long, enter a market order, and a target of 30 pips. Enter 2 more orders, one at first entry + 10 pips, same
I tried to hire a guy to do this but he apparently is too busy. I would like to add the multiple trade position EA (ManageTPv2-3.mq4) to a moving average cross EA (MA.mq4) The multiple position EA allows you to enter multiple positions at once and exit those positions based on criteria specified
Hello, I am new to both trading, and ea's I have run some ea's, one that people advise against running (forex-soft). I have tried to run phoenix, horribly. I need to know how to optimize it. I was wandering if anyone has done a video tutorial on optimizing an ea, or would be able to do...
[Deleted]
  A statistical EA  (1)
As a follwo up, here's a statistic EA that does this: Day by day, calculate the following: 1) number of consecutive ticks in an uptrend 2) number of successive ticks in a downtrend 3) the maximum successive ticks in both direction and the time it was found 4) Assuming I just bought on every uptrend,...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I like many of you have been thinking about how to find a trading method that would guarantee -sort of- a nominal but stable profit consistently over certain periods of time. I arrived to a number of conclusions and I wish that you could contribute your opinion: conclusion one: There is no
This may sound like a very stupid question but I'm trying to get as close a match to my currenex platform data as I can to my charts. Does anyone know how I can do this ?
  Adjusting MACD  (3)
Hi I am trying to change width of vertical bars in MACD wich is SignalSMA to 5-the thickest line. I can change it and it will stay like this until I change profile. Then coming back to this profile the line goes back to width 3. Is there a way to save it with line width 5. Also is it possible to...