Idea of selling an indicator script instead of the program

Do you think it would be possible to sell a code rather than the program on the marketplace, or does this seem silly? Perhaps you could sell the indicator + code?

phade:
Do you think it would be possible to sell a code rather than the program on the marketplace, or does this seem silly? Perhaps you could sell the indicator + code?

I have had this happen only once to me. I uploaded a free indicator on marketplace and someone reached out to me to pay for the source code. Maybe if you included in the property description that you are willing to sell the code, people would reach out.

Hopefully this does not violate one of the marketplace rules. he he he

phade:
You mean you want to sell like an interactive tutorial for various mql5 related topics, right?

The trainings I am well perceived. They are not encouraged, I would say

Tobias Johannes Zimmer #:
You mean you want to sell like an interactive tutorial for various mql5 related topics, right?
No I mean to sell the mq5 script along with the metatrader executable

Chioma Obunadike #:

I uploaded a free indicator on marketplace and someone reached out to me to pay for the source code.

That's cool. I do think there's a market for selling a code with the indicator. While many traders who don't code may only be interested in the actual program (ex5), there are also a lot of programmers here who may want access to the source code

phade: Do you think it would be possible to sell a code rather than the program on the marketplace, or does this seem silly? Perhaps you could sell the indicator + code?
Consider reading the following ... Queries about selling Market products with source code!

Fernando Carreiro #:
Consider reading the following ... Queries about selling Market products with source code!

Thanks.

phade #:
No I mean to sell the mq5 script along with the metatrader executable
Oh okay. On another note you can sell libraries that people can #import functions from. But these are also ex5.

Except on Freelance you can sell the source code. I think the concept here is that people who are really interested in learning how to write mql5 programs will be willing to pay for that knowledge. Unfortunately it is too much "either or" which leads to the dilemma that people who are interested don't buy and people who buy aren't interested.

It looks like the most blunt solution is the preferred one here. Instead of making it hybrid in a sense of conditioning new users by making education available the deeper the more expensive. Which would make them appreciate educative chances btw. No, the new users come here inoculated with false expectations already, namely that they will get a free tool with no work involved that will make them rich. The forum and freelance is full of these expectations as well as the promises that confirm them. 

This makes it necessary to let them go through the phases of frustration to get them to spend money. But you will mostly syphon off the worst kind of customers to work with, the only ones that stay after the wind seperated the wheat from the straw.
Reason: