Market rules

What is the rule around giving previous versions of a product away for those who purchased a product. Can this be done, is it allowed? I cant reupload previous versions. 

For example, in the description, "Get the previous version indicator/EA when you purchase." 

Thomas Bradley Butler:

What is the rule around giving previous versions of a product away for those who purchased a product. Can this be done, is it allowed? I cant reupload previous versions. 

For example, in the description, "Get the previous version indicator/EA when you purchase." 

Do you mean give ex4/5 files of previous versions to your buyers?

This is against MQL5.com Market rules in my opinion, since you are distributing files/products out of the MQL5.com Market licensing system and these files can work without a MQL5 account too, because its not necessary for the owner to login into a specific MQL5 account in order to use them.

These files can also be passed to others or even sold around the web, so you should re-think this practice seriously.

Thomas Bradley Butler:

I would claim, the underlying idea by metaquotes are bug fixes or basic overhauls. But in the essence a product should not change that much with progressing versions, that someone would want the previous one.

If that is the case, isn't it then a new product? Well, you could post it as such then, keeping the "previous" version this way.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
I would claim, the underlying idea by metaquotes are bug fixes or basic overhauls. But in the essence a product should not change that much with progressing versions, that someone would want the previous one.

If that is the case, isn't it then a new product? Well, you could post it as such then, keeping the "previous" version this way.

Variations of the same product are also forbidden.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

1. The Seller shall not publish multiple copies of Products, which are based on the same idea and differ only in input parameter settings, symbols, and/or timeframes. Creation of similar Products having slightly changed descriptions and/or design shall be considered as spam and lead to the removal of all detected copies from the Market showcase, while the Seller shall be banned from all paid MQL5.com services.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Variations of the same product are also forbidden.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

1. The Seller shall not publish multiple copies of Products, which are based on the same idea and differ only in input parameter settings, symbols, and/or timeframes. Creation of similar Products having slightly changed descriptions and/or design shall be considered as spam and lead to the removal of all detected copies from the Market showcase, while the Seller shall be banned from all paid MQL5.com services.

okay but what about offering in the freelance section.? saying that previous version is offered in freelance.

Dominik Christian Egert #:

Some previous versions are different due to requests so not all versions will be the same

Thomas Bradley Butler:

You can .

You would have to place a script inside the market product that produces a signature then the uploaded ex4/ex5 (in a blog post to which you link out to) is looking for that signature , if it can't find it , it redirects the user to the product page to purchase , if it finds it it operates normally .

You compile the "old version" with the cloud compiler and voilla . 

If mql5 keeps an archive of old versions it would be helpful if they offered such a thing on 2 conditions :

-A users review also mentions the version used (since they must be logged in their terminals nowadays).

-Same for a users comment on the product . 

Not the user mentioning it , it being displayed automatically alongside the usage time.

That requires more than one upgrade to their infastructure ,and its not easy , so it is highly unlikely to happen.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

You can .

You would have to place a script inside the market product that produces a signature then the uploaded ex4/ex5 (in a blog post to which you link out to) is looking for that signature , if it can't find it , it redirects the user to the product page to purchase , if it finds it it operates normally .

You compile the "old version" with the cloud compiler and voilla . 

If mql5 keeps an archive of old versions it would be helpful if they offered such a thing on 2 conditions :

-A users review also mentions the version used (since they must be logged in their terminals nowadays).

-Same for a users comment on the product . 

Not the user mentioning it , it being displayed automatically alongside the usage time.

That requires more than one upgrade to their infastructure ,and its not easy , so it is highly unlikely to happen.

i am saying to offer in freelance, previous version but say that in the description. 

Thomas Bradley Butler #:

i am saying to offer in freelance, previous version but say that in the description. 

Why get them to jump through extra hoops ? They paid already .

There is no rule against doing what you initially thought of by the way.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

what do you mean?  No hoops, some people ask for the previous version. I update them and change parameters or have optimized versions some people run out of downloads or whatever, some want the previous version.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

I just dont want to break a rule.  If I say in the description get the previous version free, then come to find out that is not allowed. I'll just contact the desk on it

Reason: