Bug report mql : enum problem

Hello,

I have come across a bug in MetaEditor that has to do with when declaring enums.. This bug causes the program to hang for some seconds or even causes some infinite loop if we attempt to compile..

In order to reproduce the bug we have to create an enum in global scope as below (with the opening brace) :

enum ENUM_SOME { SOME_VAL

Next we save and close the file (any file, mq5, mqh) and open again.. Now we cannot change tabs without the system freezing.. Also if we press compile the program goes into infinite loop..

greets

Reported to MQ.

democog:

Hello,

I have come across a bug in MetaEditor that has to do with when declaring enums.. This bug causes the program to hang for some seconds or even causes some infinite loop if we attempt to compile..

In order to reproduce the bug we have to create an enum in global scope as below (with the opening brace) :

Next we save and close the file (any file, mq5, mqh) and open again.. Now we cannot change tabs without the system freezing.. Also if we press compile the program goes into infinite loop..

greets

My program Experts and Indicators

enum YN
 {
   No,  // No
   Yes  // Yes
 };

On MQL5/MQL4 neither MetaEditor nor MetaTrader freezes, no errors, no bug, and my program works fine.

Roberto Jacobs #:My program Experts and Indicators.On MQL5/MQL4 neither MetaEditor nor MetaTrader freezes, no errors, no bug, and my program works fine.

No, that is not the issue!

The problem only comes up when you leave the enum declaration incomplete as the example in the first post.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, that is not the issue!

The problem only comes up when you leave the enum declaration incomplete as the example in the first post.

I think so, that's why he has no more comments.

Roberto Jacobs #: I think so, that's why he has no more comments.

The OP did comment and thanked Alain for reporting the issue to the admin, but for some reason his post was deleted (probably a mishap during the daily server maintenance cycles).

Fixed
Reason: