Forex strategies

Displaying on the screen:

1.Average (say average over the previous 60 days) daily range.

2. Range reached on the current day

If at about 14-16 (Alpari TP time) the range 2. is approaching / slightly exceeding (say +/-10 pips) the range 1. - at this moment we open with stop-loss, say 50 pips inside the range.

In 90% of cases at least 20 pips are guaranteed. Of course, at the time of the opening, the price must be near the edge of the current day's range.

It is probably the time of 14-15 hours that is important. If the average range is reached earlier, it means the start of a big new movement.

Widening of middle range happens on steep moves, which are not that frequent.

Manually, so far so good.

On which pair?

Could you take a screenshot, (I don't really know how to build these ranges).

How well you are doing, in terms of how long you have been doing it, number of trades, losses, preferably screenshots - words can be hard to assess competence

sayfuji:
How well you're doing, I mean how long you've been doing it, number of trades, losses, preferably screenshots - it's hard to assess your ability to do it in words

I will answer in an hour or two, I can't right now, sorry...

And in general, from the description, it seems that the system is simply transposed into the dry language of algorithms. After all, we don't need the "human factor" aka "pattern search", do we?

Then - have you tried to write an Expert Advisor "based on motives"? For quality back-testing?

Everything described is clear. The system is really good. I used to trade with approximately the same system. For less risk, it needs to introduce additional conditions, one of which should be the analysis of static market conditions at higher timeframes.

sayfuji:
How good is it, I mean duration of your work, number of deals, losses, screenshots.

Here's an EA that builds daily ranges.

I am sending you three files: two of them put in the directory expert, and the file lite_EXPERT put in the directory include - this is a file with universal functions of Nikolay Kositsin.

The first line output by Comment "60.... number1/number2: number1 - average daily range for the previous 60 days

number2 - range reached on the current day

The second line is the previous day's data: max.price/min.price/range

Just try to experiment and it will work out for you.

corrected the link.... now everything should be fine

Is it just me or does everyone get an error?

'Ish_03_DayRange_Data_Open.mq4' - cannot open the program file

Если часам к 14-16(время ТП альпари) диапазон 2. приближается/чуть превышает( скажем, +/-10п.) диапазон 1. - в этот момент открываемся со стоплосом, скажем 50 п. внутрь диапазона

A band is a channel, a strip, roughly speaking. By 14.45(let's say) 'band 2' may be

is approaching / slightly exceeding

"streak 1". But the price at that moment may be exactly in the middle of bar 2. Where do we open then? Or are we obliged to track the price extremes inside the 2nd bar?

seifer:

Just correct the text to #include "DayRange_Data_Open.mq4. This is OK, but what about channels (see previous post)?

seifer:

replaced the file with the wrong reference with the correct one...

DayRange_Open_1.mq4

Reason: