At a crossroads. A topic for owners who have developed really working, profitable EAs.

Now after reading one of the neighboring forum threads I finally got the idea in my head that I'm working on the wrong thing and thinking "in the wrong direction". I have already programmed a dozen or two EAs based on various indicators and trading systems available on the Internet. All to no avail.

Expert Advisors either float at breakeven or provide millions after optimization but fail during the forward testing (adjustment). Or, again, millions without adjustment, but with TP<=10(the Grail). I have one advantage - experience in programming (before mql the last time I programmed in pascal about 5 years ago).

The question to forum masters, to those, who have developed stable, profitable EAs and have been working with them for a long time:

What principles are laid down in your Expert Advisors? Do you use indicators that are publicly available? If so, how many of them do you use? In general, what would you advise to read, what to start studying?

That's all for now, other questions will follow during the discussion (which hopefully will happen).

All those who answer your questions will be recognised as owners of real councillors and fall under special services (including the tax authorities) ? :-)

Lukyanov:
No. I am not asking you to give/sell your EA or reveal its entire system. If someone doesn't want to make light of it, write to: lukyanov _ sv (a) mails.ru. I would like to see the discussion on the forum to compare notes and discuss the topic. I would be very grateful for guidance.

Check fibover =) on the pound/en

IMHO, FIBO tools have at least the necessary potential. And perhaps most importantly - "smart" position management.

My brainchild for a month of work .Notice the real on 63 trades added depo.
About the principle: no timeframe, no indicators, full automatic without manual work, work on 3 pairs, but you can do more, works on all pairs, but the best is GBPCHF, GBPJPY and the like on them the output is more.

zhuki:

.Notice the real on 63 trades added to the depo.

And after 63 trades why did it deflate and go at the same pace as before?

Lukyanov:

A question for the forum connoisseurs, those who have developed stable, profitable experts and have been working with them for quite some time:

I have seen some profitable, but not super profitable, but I haven't seen any stable ones yet, and I haven't managed to create them myself. As much as one can twist and turn with trading systems, they still fall into drawdowns, sometimes deeply, and sometimes for a long time. In my mind and experience, stability and trading are completely incompatible concepts.

zhuki, I think a month of testing is not a sufficient period to call an EA stable and proven. I myself witnessed the loss of an EA that had been working in profit for 2.5 months.

Before the 63rd trade it was working on one pair and then I ran two more, but what is the deflation I don't understand.

Reshetov:

... No matter how much you twist and turn with your trading systems, they still end up in drawdowns, sometimes deeply, sometimes for a long time. Stability and trading, in my mind and experience, are completely incompatible concepts.
A trader is a pessimist who hopes for the best (even if deep down).
As for stability, I think it would be better to replace it with the term "acceptability".

I'm not testing it. By the way, the tester repeats the real thing exactly, thanks to MQL.
Reason: