How do I check the operation of the data centre?

Apart from the stupid way through the Firewall ban for it. The status "Unknowable" doesn't say anything. And how does it update itself - by restarting the computer?
The "Start" button is greyed out. Stopping and restarting the service doesn't change anything.

A private datacenter that is set manually (auto-ticked) in the programme settings means that datacentres will not be automatically swapped in case of connectivity problems. The autosave datacentre system only works when the checkbox is activated.

And the work of your private datacenter is easy to check - just put the datacenter, configure it to access the parent server (it can be another public datacenter), and then explicitly specify the address of the private datacenter in the terminal settings. Restart the terminal and look at the status bar - the second lower part of the connection indicator should turn blue.

Now I realise that I had a data centre for decoration. Can you explain on your fingers how to set up my data centre for the following task?
1. I have 3 copies of MT4 on one computer in different directories.
2. These terminals will periodically switch to Alpari-demo, Alpari-real, Metakvotes-demo servers.
3. The data centre(s) will be on the same computer.
4. The computer has two IP addresses 195.135.1.3 and 195.135.1.6(bluetooth port)
Questions:
1. How many data centres should I put? (one per server ?)
2. Should I specify a specific IP address in data centre settings or leave "any" as it suggests by default ?
3. Can the "Access List" settings be left untouched to allow access to the server from the entire subnet?
4. Is it enough to check "Autoconfigure datacenter" in terminal settings and not to enter any server addresses?
5. Do I need to enter my investor account number and password in the Data Center, and if so, how do I enlarge the list of accounts? Is it necessary to enter a new account for each terminal, and how are they memorized by the Data Centre?
6. What is the best way to set in MT4 - "Autoconfigure data centre", if it is possible to switch between different servers?

I apologize in advance for a silly question - is it compulsory to install a DC if several instances of MT are installed on the machine? I have MQ, Alpari, Fibo-Forex, and (on the network) MQ under Win98. No problems I have encountered so far. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Just to save traffic, let's say :)
Each terminal eats 1 meter per day, 25 meters per month, 3 terminals - 75 meters.
One meter costs about 2-70, so 200=.
If all three are trading - will there be congestion because of the flow of trades at the beginning of each hour, because everyone has to deliver quotes.
In general, I want to put a data centre.

Understood, thank you. Wasn't paying attention, as the traffic is not limited in any way. But the congestion... This is serious. Probably explains some things that can't be explained any other way. Thanks so much again!

Just to save traffic, let's say :)

I think it was said that for 2 terminals, there is not much point in having a data centre. I mean 3 or more.
Or dreamed? =)

Private data centres are needed for dealing rooms or other common places where there are more than three terminals connected to one (important) and the same trading server.

Accordingly, if you use one or two computers with terminals, which are connected to different (importantly different) trade servers, then the data centres will not help at all.

The questions are:
1. How many data centres should I install? (one for each server?)

yes.

2. Should I specify a specific IP address in the data centre settings or leave "any" as it suggests by default ?

You can leave any.

3. can the "Access List" settings be left untouched to allow access to the server from the entire subnet range?

The addresses need to be set so that they can be connected to the data centre. The default access is local.

4. Is it enough to tick "Autoconfigure data centre" in the terminal settings and not to enter any server addresses?

No. Auto-configuration means that the best public data centres are automatically selected. And to explicitly select your private one, you need to specify it explicitly.

5. Do I have to enter my investor account number and password in the Data Centre, and if so, how do I extend my account list? Is it necessary to enter a new account for each terminal, and how are they memorized by the Data Centre?

Certainly, the account and the address of the parent server should be entered, otherwise where would the data centre download the quotes from? One data centre connects to one server, no account switching is possible. It is not necessary to have a client terminal account in the data centre.

6. What is the best way to configure in MT4 - "Autoconfigure data centre", if switching between different servers is possible?

If there is no dealing room or more than three terminals, there is no sense to put a data centre at all. Data centres are needed for:
1) brokers for scaling and protection of the trading platform as public access points
2) brokers who have dealing rooms for installing local private data centers
3) Collaboration of traders who have many terminals for installing private data centers.

Article: Installation of MetaTrader Data Center
"MetaTrader 4 Data Center Installation

<br / translate="no"> Private data centres are needed for dealing rooms or other shared locations where there are more than three terminals connected to one (important) and the same trading server.

If there is no dealing room or more than three terminals, there is no point in putting up a data centre at all.

I see. The cause of the jam must be found somewhere else (error 6, ..., ...). Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

I have installed a data centre.
I have a question - where does it save the downloaded history? I looked in the Data Center/Bases directory - only the news file. I looked in the directory of the terminal, which is connected to the Data Center - it is uploaded there.

Hence the question - is it really saving traffic? Does DataCenter remember what it downloaded? If so, where to (which files)? It can not interrogate all terminals connected to it for history, can it? =)

I thought it would have one folder with history, where all terminals will download it from. But it turns out that this folder is virtual...
And most importantly - I can not "feed" to the data centre the history, which I already have. Why would I want to download it again? And I won't be able to download the whole thing because there's a limited amount on the server...

I figured it out - after installing the new terminal and connecting it to the data centre, the files started to be written to the Data Center\bases folder.
Is it supposed to be like that (I meant the previous post) or is it an error?
Reason: