Running an EA on VPS

I am running my EA on VPS, and it is working properly in the cloud. What I am a bit confused about is what happens if I close the chart tab with the EA in the MT5 terminal. Is the VPS still running the EA? Do I need to do anything with global variables to avoid any conflict when the EA is syncronized on VPS and I have the same EA open in MT5?

Kristian

Kristian H:

I am running my EA on VPS, and it is working properly in the cloud. What I am a bit confused about is what happens if I close the chart tab with the EA in the MT5 terminal. Is the VPS still running the EA? Do I need to do anything with global variables to avoid any conflict when the EA is syncronized on VPS and I have the same EA open in MT5?

Kristian

Check the procedure here and you will understand: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/366161

once you close the chart window, the EA is not running.

Pak Hong Poon:
once you close the chart window, the EA is not running.

This is not true if you use MQL5 VPS and you have synchronized your EA onto the cloud server.

After your trading environment has been migrated to the virtual server, you can do as you want with the local terminal, without affecting your EA's trading on the cloud.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This is not true if you use MQL5 VPS and you have synchronized your EA onto the cloud server.

After your trading environment has been migrated to the virtual server, you can do as you want with the local terminal, without affecting your EA's trading on the cloud.

oh i never tried MQL5 VPS..

this rule does not apply to other normal VPS right?

Pak Hong Poon:

oh i never tried MQL5 VPS..

this rule does not apply to other normal VPS right?

That is correct.

Eleni Anna Branou:

That is correct.

thankss

Eleni Anna Branou:

Thanks 👍🏻
Reason: