question about comments in mql4/5

Hi is this even possible in mql4 ?

Being able to comment/uncomment lines within the file  depending on the result of some lines somewhere within the same file?

for eg:

if ( x)

{

comment lines 25-30 ;
}

else
{
uncomment lines 55-58 ;

}

or How this/similar can be achieved with use of any device like filter , loop etc ?

Thank you.

maybe you need this feature

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/basis/preprosessor/conditional_compilation

Soewono Effendi:

thank you for the link. Now trying to figure out how I can achieve comment uncomment task in mql4 .

deral5:

Hi is this even possible in mql4 ?

Being able to comment/uncomment lines within the file  depending on the result of some lines somewhere within the same file?

for eg:

or How this/similar can be achieved with use of any device like filter , loop etc ?

Thank you.

Thats interesting . 

Is "x" a condition that is valid (or not) during runtime or is it checking for the terminal version ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

Thats interesting . 

Is "x" a condition that is valid (or not) during runtime or is it checking for the terminal version ?

X is a simple user input value condition. Eg

if ( user_input_mode==1)
{

comment lines 45-50 ;

}

else 

{

uncomment lines 25-28 ;
}

deral5:

X is a simple user input value condition. Eg

So these lines can be gated with that check and all it would do is add 4 lines of code ,isn't this reduntant ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

So these lines can be gated with that check and all it would do is add 4 lines of code ,isn't this reduntant ?

What I am trying to do is . In the following code.

1. if I select TIMEFRAME==1 then last 4 lines to have 'no effect whatsoever' , what I found is even those lines 'just being there messes up' with the normal loop operation, probably because  of the first line ie tfs(time frame array) and j+1 < tfs and j+1+1<tfs expressions. All using the same tfs array.. 'Hence the need for commenting ' . those lines just being there even if I don't use them limit the loop operation till j+1+1<tfs when it is supposed to be done till j+1<tfs

2. if I select TIMEFRAME ==2 then those lines are needed . so the 'need for uncommenting'

3.Is it possible to do it some other way? I hope I made some sense above.

for(int j = 0; j<tfs; j++)
     {
      int ii = 0;
      int find = false;
      for(int i = 0; i< stochs; i++)
        {
         int shift = 1;
           {
           if(TIMEFRAME==1)// user choice for match for j and j+1 timeframe

sub2 = (j+1<tfs);

else

sub2= (j+1<tfs)&& (j+1+1<tfs) ;

if(sub2)
              {
               double mv0 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift);
               double sv0 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift);

double mv1 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift+1);
               double sv1 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift+1);

double mv10 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift);
               double sv10 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift);

double mv11 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift+1);
               double sv11 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift+1);

double mv110 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift);
               double sv110 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift);

double mv111 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift+1);
               double sv111 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift+1);

Soewono Effendi:

any suggestion how those features can be used in my case? Thank you so much.

why not gate the 4 last lines again with if(TIMEFRAME!=1){ 4lines; } ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

why not gate the 4 last lines again with if(TIMEFRAME!=1){ 4lines; } ?

When I did that as below  now line at the bottom  if((sv1 >= mv1 && sv0 < mv0) && (sv11 >= mv11 && sv10 < mv10)) throws undeclared identifier error ( mv10 , sv10 , sv11 , mv11 ....)

for(int j = 0; j<tfs; j++)
     {
      int ii = 0;
      int find = false;
      for(int i = 0; i< stochs; i++)
        {
         int shift = 1;
           {
             {
               double mv0 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift);
               double sv0 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift);

double mv1 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift+1);
               double sv1 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift+1);

if(TIMEFRAME==1)
                 {
                  double mv10 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift);
                  double sv10 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift);

double mv11 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift+1);
                  double sv11 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift+1);

}
               if(TIMEFRAME!=1)
                 {

double mv110 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift);
                  double sv110 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift);

double mv111 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_MAIN,shift+1);
                  double sv111 = iStochastic(Symbname[i],timeframes[j+1+1],StochK,StochD,StochSlowing,StochMethod,StochPrice,MODE_SIGNAL,shift+1);
                 }

if((sv1 >= mv1 && sv0 < mv0) && (sv11 >= mv11 && sv10 < mv10))

deral5:

When I did that as below  now line at the bottom  if((sv1 >= mv1 && sv0 < mv0) && (sv11 >= mv11 && sv10 < mv10)) throws undeclared identifier error ( mv10 , sv10 , sv11 , mv11 ....)

declare the doubles outside the gates .you would get that issue with commenting out code too.

Reason: