Are you one of the 5% that make money trading?

• 71% (65)
  • 29% (27)
Total voters: 92

The percentage of profitable traders is higher than 5 percent. It all depends on how you count. For example, Citifx has about 40% of its traders in profits.

This poll wording and its first results represent a great paradox: if 67% of respondents answer that they are among 5% of profitable traders, than these 67% = these 5% in some non-Euclidian space of mql5.com. Next poll should be: are you one of those ~70% who always answer he is one of 5% making money by trading no mater if it's true. ;-) I just wonder, what the method of counting profitable traders should be to give many times more than the well-known average of 5%?

marketeer:
This poll wording and its first results represent a great paradox: if 67% of respondents answer that they are among 5% of profitable traders, than these 67% = these 5% in some non-Euclidian space of mql5.com. Next poll should be: are you one of those ~70% who always answer he is one of 5% making money by trading no mater if it's true. ;-) I just wonder, what the method of counting profitable traders should be to give many times more than the well-known average of 5%?

In fact, i'm in market since 2005... and this is my living mode... so how can i survive if i'm not one of the 5% traders with sucess??

marketeer:
Maybe 5% is related to all traders . It is an average. So also outside our community. It also mean that probably our community is quite professional with an high level. 

Rosiman:
Maybe 5% is related to all traders . It is an average. So also outside our community. It also mean that probably our community is quite professional with an high level. 
I don't think so. We are talking about 28 votes, it's not representative. My opinion is : a great part of the 67% deceive themselves. However the poll is ambiguous, to proclaim you as someone who makes money with trading, you need to take into account a period of at least 1 year, probably more. It's always possible to earn money with trading in a short period.

angevoyageur:
I don't think so. We are talking about 28 votes, it's not representative. My opinion is : a great part of the 67% deceive themselves. However the poll is ambiguous, to proclaim you as someone who makes money with trading, you need to take into account a period of at least 1 year, probably more. It's always possible to earn money with trading in a short period.
I do agree. Only few votes  but the believing that only 5% of traders are profitable is generic without any proof. 

too many liars on one site :)

Good pool. Anyway, even the 5% privileged traders are always few trades to migrate to the 95% reality.

When we talk about those making it in forex trading we cannot really get actual percentage of successful traders but from analysis of brokers we know it is more than 5%

http://forexmagnates.com/q3-2012-us-forex-traders-profitability-report-number-of-us-accounts-keeps-plummeting-citifx-pro-on-top/

actually profitable accounts are much more than 5%

Reason: