Covid-19 - Thoughts....Q&A

Hello Traders,

Covid-19 pandemi been causing a market turmoil making it very unstable and i'm sure you are affected by it, i am for sure both as a trader and in every day life. Though a discussion here would be nice, your thoughts and how it affects you as a trader and your country itself and what you do to make the every day going on....do you take extra precautions that's out of the ordinary and stuff like that, could be interesting to know how people deal with this.

Have a good day everyone, thanks for reading!

Hi, I take into account in the historical test data from 2008, if the strategy passed the test successfully in this period, I am calmer that the current situation will less threaten my investments. Regards Greg

Greg Pawlak:
Hi, I take into account in the historical test data from 2008, if the strategy passed the test successfully in this period, I am calmer that the current situation will less threaten my investments. Regards Greg
Hi Greg, thank's for your contribution. Do you use algorithmic strategies or manual or perhaps both...? I have seen a lot of signals crashing during the Covid-19 turmoil and mostly they have been algorithmic. Could it be a disadvantage to use trading robots?

I use algorithmic strategies, it all depends on how the strategies were created, good strategies are the result of many tests to reduce the risk of over-fitting to  historical data.

Greg Pawlak:
I use algorithmic strategies, it all depends on how the strategies were created, good strategies are the result of many tests to reduce the risk of over-fitting to  historical data.

Beside trading if we take that and put it aside....how are you affected as a human being? I see in your profile that you live in Poland, not so far away from were i live - Sweden. In my country a new top of inventory to get hold on has arise namely - Toilet paper. Same were you live?

This is a site about trading and coding. Your are off-topic for this site. Find a better place if you want to discuss such things.

Alain VerleyenThis is a site about trading and coding. Your are off-topic for this site. Find a better place if you want to discuss such things.

Does it seriously bother you that someone asks about the behavior of the markets in the face of events like the Covid-19?

What rule of this site have they broken?

Sorry if i cause any trouble with this topic but i think i'm not 'off topic' with it as it's everywhere around us, even here and in our daily trading and it for sure affects us. Yes, i was maybe off topic asking a personal question about affects as a human being every day life but in all it's about how it affects our daily trading and i'm interested to learn more how people cope with this 'as a trader' if that sounds better.

GloveMan:
Sorry if i cause any trouble with this topic but i think i'm not 'off topic' with it as it's everywhere around us, even here and in our daily trading and it for sure affects us. Yes, i was maybe off topic asking a personal question about affects as a human being every day life but in all it's about how it affects our daily trading and i'm interested to learn more how people cope with this 'as a trader' if that sounds better.

Do not worry. His concern is surely that of many. ;)

Miguel Angel Vico Alba:

Do not worry. His concern is surely that of many. ;)

Thank you for your understanding Miguel, appreciated!

Miguel Angel Vico Alba:

Does it seriously bother you that someone asks about the behavior of the markets in the face of events like the Covid-19?

What rule of this site have they broken?

If you can read the topic is not about the markets.
Reason: