How much was your Single Biggest Trading Loss?

Making losing trades is part of the game. The key is to make the losses smaller than the wins, in aggregate.

So share, what's your single biggest trading loss to date?

The biggest loss in a single trade I can recall is in ORCL back in 2000, when I held into earnings release - it promptly gapped down and didn't come back for months... I sold it at a loss of somewhere near $1300. So I've never EVER held a swing trade into earnings again. I believe it was something like, I held at $31 a share and it opened at $22 the next day, or something like that.

Sometimes you've got to learn the hard way. The key is just learning it ONCE, and avoiding the mistake again. How about you? And how did you feel about it? I was frustrated because it was beyond my control, the reaction to earnings etc... back in the early years.

I don’t remember now how I lose it, but I remember that I lose a big amount of money, I lost 500 pips, after that everything was a challenge, try to get back my pips was really hard, but I could do it, not in a week, but after months.

alisha:
I don’t remember now how I lose it, but I remember that I lose a big amount of money, I lost 500 pips, after that everything was a challenge, try to get back my pips was really hard, but I could do it, not in a week, but after months

And that's what it should

My biggest loser was around the second week I was so exciting to get in the market but I didn’t put a SL and TP so I was trading without them, so I was downstairs for 10 min and I lost almost 59 pips, the recovery for that was pleasant, I wanted to kick myself, but after that never happened to me again, good source to learn.

I lost almost USD500. Still not recovered yet... but almost there. I won't give up because I like challenge combine with the risk, as they said "no risk, no gain". But now, I'm more careful especially when to "enter" the market and watch the trend.

Reason: