High leverage trading with low equity

We either love or hate high leverage trading.

The risk and reward is high, but if the equity at risk is low it takes away some of the risk.

See this 2minute video

which shows my strategy. In short it uses :

- Leverage of 1000:1

- Capital of USD10

- 4H & 1H charts to determine the trend

- 5M chart to establish entry point.

Following this strategy and taking 15pips per day, the account will grow from USD10 to USD580 in 30 days, or a return of 5000%.

Please give me your thoughts and comments ?

Thanks

Trading DSS is OK but isn't a leverage 1000:1 too risky?

Thanks for sharing the video and trading strategy.

The site, seems to be down, and unable to download the indicators to test the strategy.

High leverage trading with low equity

Is high leverage trading wrong ? We all know its risky and you stand to loose all your equity, but what if your equity is low ?

Low as in USD10 ?

Have a look at this short 2minute video and please give me your comments thereon. I use opening equity of USD10 because if I loose it, it doesn't bother me or affect my mindset. I also use leverage of 1000:1 (through Forextime as broker), take 15 pips daily. If this is followed, the expected growth for a 30 day period is 5000%+ (in USD terms, the account grows from USD10 to USD580).

Have a look and send me your comments.

I also attach the indicator seperately.uranus_mt4.zip

Files:
uranus_mt4.zip  681 kb

OK found the indicator files .. it's in the description of the youtube video .. looks like a very interesting strategy ..

For high leverage trades you need a good trading strategy also! The high leverage trading does not protect you from losses.

Hermes

With 1000:1 leverage and low equity, what was the maximal number of days your account did not get margin called?

For me demo trading is equal to wasting time if you already learned how to buy and sell via metatrader and usage of some basic indicators(you don t really need them but they make the decision progress faster and it is very important especially if you re a day trader..Also every other indicators are variations of Single Moving average but still somewhat they all have differences if you can grasp the ideas behind them it is also useful for ur trading..) and general metatrader functions...There is only one thing in this business is gurantee that you lose money...I believe that every pro trader must blow their acount at least one..No exception otherwise it is against the nature of pro traders..This is the trickiest business you can ever see i guess even more than a magician You even can easily trick yourself without realizing it for a very long time so you need to get hurt for don t repeating mistakes again and also be very aware of what you re doing...I believe that relatively low capitals are way more helpfull than demo but it should not be so low that you don t care at all...On the other hand high leverage trading is oke cus we retail traders have to trade that way if we don t trade millions of dollars...But again if my initial invesment for this business is 10K $ i would divide it by 10 and i would start to trade with 1K deposit with relativly high leverage and go on like this if i keep got broke...Beacuse if you can trade 10K with relatively low leverage profitably you can also trade 1K with high leverage profitably..The first rule of bankers' is try to don t lose ur capital...Actually it depends on ur personality you should find which one is better for urself..Anyway newbies out there my last advice is don t give a dime to anyother so called gurus...If they really know how to trade they don t need your money believe me..You can find everything you need here in Forex-tsd..If you don t have enough time than it is your choice and money but probably you would get scammed.

Hello Janus,

That's true with leverage like that you won't survive a long time.

You must think in long term, with leverage off 1000, one day or another you will crash. And it will ruin your efforts.

Start with bigger capital, and low less leverage, and think with STABILITY and REGULARITY.

Why some people think that low leverage is not good?

I do not understand. Gambling instinct?

Exactly opposite! Big capital say $10.000 and trading 0.01 lots you never get a margin call! High leverage is a gambling style. Greed has big eyes!

Hermes

Reason: