Forex Market Barometer

Hello Folks,

I developed a "Market Barometer" indicator to help me with my manual trading systems. It measures 56 currency pairs in real-time to determine the "relative strength" of each individual currency. I thought it might help some of you with your trading. The indicator is a monster. It takes over 30 minutes to load, lol... So I'm hosting it on a dedicated windows server. Trading has been good to me over the years, so I wanted to share this. I hope it helps...

Click here to view the Market Barometer

The basic idea is:

70 or higher = over-bought

30 or lower = over-sold

The possiblities are endless, have fun...

:: Can you make that in bars? then those lines, it let me feel dizzy after a while looking at them , would be easier to distinguish the currencies from each other...
riffster:
Hello Folks,

I developed a "Market Barometer" indicator to help me with my manual trading systems. It measures 56 currency pairs in real-time to determine the "relative strength" of each individual currency. I thought it might help some of you with your trading. The indicator is a monster. It takes over 30 minutes to load, lol... So I'm hosting it on a dedicated windows server. Trading has been good to me over the years, so I wanted to share this. I hope it helps...

Click here to view the Market Barometer

The basic idea is:

70 or higher = over-bought

30 or lower = over-sold

The possiblities are endless, have fun...

:: Do you use a normal correlation formula? I think there are some of those here on the site, 30 minutes to load is much, sure? sounds very strange to me...

yeah... sigh...... I've spent endless hours and $$ trying to "clean up" the indicator so it's easier to use, but no luck. It's very effective, it just requires a lot of resourses on the back-end.

Basically, it's running 56 charts in the background with 7 indicators per chart. I've tried to improve the MT4 caching function (pre-saved history files, etc...) to speed up the indicator load time, but nothing seems to help. I have 5 Market Barometer running on 1 dedicated windows server (that's it) and it still crashes from time to time, lol...

We did try candles, bars, dots, lol... they where all worse than the lines. I am working on having each line in it's own sub-window. That might help, but a lot of folks have created trading systems based solely on the "line cross-overs". We do have a dashboard with numerical numbers, but it's important to see how the values track over time.

If you have any ideas I would be happy to try them...

:: I have some ideas, I know MT4 is not the excellent thing but still... mmmmmmm... you use only a simple correlation formula? And how will it affect your trading? How you proceed if there is a signal of some sort?

:: so... simple correlation? Do you use also a smoothing MA in combination? (some correlation indicators have that)

riffster:
yeah... sigh...... I've spent endless hours and $$ trying to "clean up" the indicator so it's easier to use, but no luck. It's very effective, it just requires a lot of resourses on the back-end.

Basically, it's running 56 charts in the background with 7 indicators per chart. I've tried to improve the MT4 caching function (pre-saved history files, etc...) to speed up the indicator load time, but nothing seems to help. I have 5 Market Barometer running on 1 dedicated windows server (that's it) and it still crashes from time to time, lol...

We did try candles, bars, dots, lol... they where all worse than the lines. I am working on having each line in it's own sub-window. That might help, but a lot of folks have created trading systems based solely on the "line cross-overs". We do have a dashboard with numerical numbers, but it's important to see how the values track over time.

If you have any ideas I would be happy to try them...

IN10TION:
:: I have some ideas, I know MT4 is not the excellent thing but still... mmmmmmm... you use only a simple correlation formula? And how will it affect your trading? How you proceed if there is a signal of some sort?

:: so... simple correlation? Do you use also a smoothing MA in combination? (some correlation indicators have that)

No, that's probably the "issue" with the load time. A simple RSI formula wasn't enough to make this indicator work. Smoothing wouldn't matter either. It's zoomed in all the way. It's the only way to make sense of the indicator and view each line. As far as signal: we send automated alerts via the Trade Messenger when a currency reaches 70 or 30. The Market Barometer (in my opinion) works best as a filter rather than a trading system. It helps identify "possible" turning points in the market. Then you would use your normal system (whatever that is) to enter the trade. It will increase your winning percentage...

To avoid further confusion, lol... you DO NOT need to register in our Forum to use the indicators/web charts(Market Barometer). This Forum is much better, lol... Here is the direct link:

Signals Lounge

However, if you check out our Forum and free stuff, please visit our evaluation thread. So far all we've had visit the thread is someone who had us confused with another website, lol... help...

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9395-evaluation-4xlounge-com

Scalping Barometer Added (for FREE!)

We had several requests for a shorter term "free" Market Barometer, so we added our Scalping Market Barometer to our FREE web charts. Just like our "Big Picture" Market Barometer:

above 70 = over-bought

below 30 = over-sold

You can view the free web charts and our Scalping Market Barometer here:

Signals Lounge

You do NOT have to register in our Forum to use these web charts. As always, please trade carefully and demo trade first, thanks...

:: it looks very nice & useful! I tried to open it in a smaller separate browser window that I could move around, I did open it with no problems , but by making it smaller didn't shrink the image size, perhaps a little thing to workaround on your HTML/... code. Nevertheless this worked for me to shrink it... little picThanks!
riffster:
We had several requests for a shorter term "free" Market Barometer, so we added our Scalping Market Barometer to our FREE web charts. Just like our "Big Picture" Market Barometer:

above 70 = over-bought

below 30 = over-sold

You can view the free web charts and our Scalping Market Barometer here:

Signals Lounge

You do NOT have to register in our Forum to use these web charts. As always, please trade carefully and demo trade first, thanks...

IN10TION:
:: it looks very nice & useful! I tried to open it in a smaller separate browser window that I could move around, I did open it with no problems , but by making it smaller didn't shrink the image size, perhaps a little thing to workaround on your HTML/... code. Nevertheless this worked for me to shrink it... little picThanks!

Yeah, the only way to make the chart smaller/larger is by using your browser's "zoom" feature. On IE it's in the bottom righthand corner. It looks like a magnifing glass with "100%" next to it...

riffster:
To avoid further confusion, lol... you DO NOT need to register in our Forum to use the indicators/web charts(Market Barometer). This Forum is much better, lol... Here is the direct link:

Signals Lounge

However, if you check out our Forum and free stuff, please visit our evaluation thread. So far all we've had visit the thread is someone who had us confused with another website, lol... help...

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9395-evaluation-4xlounge-com

I have to be honest I went to your website, but if I had to look at those line crosses to see which pair I was going to trade I would give up in 10 min its just made me dizzy of 3 min of looking.

Reason: