Spread Betting Pros and Cons

Could someone tell me the pros and cons of spread betting versus margin trading and tax implications if living in the UK?

thanks

Darren

dazminder:
Could someone tell me the pros and cons of spread betting versus margin trading and tax implications if living in the UK?

thanks

Darren

Well it depends on if you are new to forex. Spread betting is good with low sums, but you wouldn't want to trust big amounts to them.

BTW, if you are looking for good spread betting service I can reccommend:

http://www.forexsurge.com

They have multiplayer betting option, I haven't seen this at the other sites.

If you are not already familiar with them you might go over to spreadtrade2win.com/forum and find additional information.

dazminder:

thanks

Darren

Spread Betting and Expert Advisors in MT4

Hi All,

I was wondering if any body knew if doing spread betting on MT4 was any different to normal trading forex on MT4 when using expert advisors?

I have been seeing advertising around london that Alpari has launched spread betting on MT4 and on their website it says you can still use EAs but don't detail if there are any differences.

I guess the bulk of it will be that same, but how do you specify the amount of money per pip move on an order? is it based on you lot size?

If any one has an example piece of code, or can demonstrate the differences (if any) I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

It's difficult enough to win trades, don't make it harder by using a spreadbetting broker. In this game it's all about increasing you % chance win, spreadbetting firms decrease it in my opinion.

This goes even for market makers, I suggest using Interactive Brokers or Dukas Copy.

If you don't have enough capital to open with them, paper trade until you do.

I think you should stick first with your usual trading until such time that you had gathered enough data to confidently try your luck in spread betting.

Reason: