Problem with MetaTester - Services are uninstalling themselves

Hi,

I'm selling my computing resources through MetaTester build 674 software on two PCs with this account.

PC1: Core-i5 2400S (4 cores), 8GB RAM, 25 GB free SSD space; Windows 2008 R2; 12 agents (running fine)

PC2: Core-i7 3720QM (8 cores), 16 GB RAM, 76 GB free SSD space; Windows 7 x64; planned 40 agents

MetaTester works on PC1 pretty fine for about 2 weeks now. It is very stable and the PC gets jobs very regurarly.

However, on PC2 I do have very big issues.

After installing the agents on that computer, they are connecting to mql5.com server. About 10 minutes later, they are automatically uninstalling themselves.

There is no error message and the logs will be deleted, too. The Manager-Logfile says something like:

LH    0    Service    01:20:27    Service 'MetaTester-40' successfully uninstalled

Even if I just install 1 agent on PC2, it will get deleted automatically.

Now, I don't have anymore ideas, what could be wrong here. I've already tried the following things:

- Install the strategy tester outside of the program files folder (to prevent permission issues)

- Setting up a virtual machine (clean WinXP64 installation) and run the agens there

- Free up more hdd-space

- Looking at RAM-usage. It never gets above 6 GB.

- Copy metatester-binaries from PC1 to PC2 and use them

- Uninstalling my anti-virus-scanner (Avira)

Edit 2012-07-21:

- Deactivating the windows firewall and route incoming requests from ports 30xx to PC2

- Change the MQL5 account name to anything else (not existant account)

- Removing MetaTester and using the MetaTester from MQL5 package

Does somebody have more ideas? I think, it would be very useful in the first step, if I could get some more details of why the agents will get deleted. Is there a debug mode for metatester?

Some other questions are about the general terms. Are there any limits on how many agents I am allowed to install? Is there any restriction that prevents me from installing MetaTester on more than one PC?

I hope, somebody could help me regarding this problem.

Meanwhile, I've made some interesting finds.

As edited above, I tried some further modifications on my PC2 setup, but without success:

- Deactivating the windows firewall and route incoming requests from ports 30xx to PC2

- Change the MQL5 account name to anything else (not existant account)

- Removing MetaTester and using the MetaTester from MQL5 package

The last test was to deactivate the option "Sell computing resources through a MQL5.community account" and then add 50 agents.

About 30 minutes later, the agents are still installed and they already passed about 320 tests.

Now I will activate the option "Sell computing" afterwards and look if the agents will still keep installed (without restarting the agent services).

Edit: I've passed about 15 minutes now, and the agents are still there. I'm not sure if I have to restart all agent services after activating the option.

Maybe the agents will still proceed the tests for free. I will restart all agents now...

Freeza007:

You may install maximum only 4 agents on your i5 and only 8 on your i7. The rest will be uninstalled.

TheXpert:
You may install maximum only 4 agents on your i5 and only 8 on your i7. The rest will be uninstalled.

Thanks for the reply, Xpert.

Where do you have the information from on the maximum count of agents on a PC?

When I start MetaTester Agents Manager and open the Tab "Services", there is stated that it is "RECOMMENDED to install as many services as there are logical processor cores". As I understand, it is only a recommendation and there are no information about the consequences of installing more agents than the logical cores of the PC. Moreover, if there would be a hard limit for the number of agents, why don't the software just stop me from installing too many agents by disabling the "Add" button after xx agents?

Besides, I've already tested the MetaTester with "only" 8 agents on PC2 and they will get deleted, too. :-(

Meanwhile, I installed MetaTester on a third PC (Core2Quad9550, 4GB RAM, Win7 x64) with 10 agents and it just runs fine for a few hours now.

More ideas? :-)

Freeza007:

More ideas? :-)

Wait a little )

If you install more agents than your logical cores count, this is treated as cheating.

Because simultaneous usage of all your agents will cause PR inconsistence.

TheXpert:

Wait a little )

If you install more agents than your logical cores count, this is treated as cheating.

Because simultaneous usage of all your agents will cause PR inconsistence.

Okay, but where is it written that running more agents than logical cores are available is treated like cheating?

And why does the MetaTester software makes it that easy to cheat the system? It would be nearly no effort to integrate a agent limit into the software.

Additionally, I am confused why PC1 (4 cores) is able to run 12 agents and PC3 (4 cores) is also able to run 10 agents. Wouldn't that be seen as cheating, too?

And third, why is my PC2 not even able to run just one agent? Is it blacklisted now on the MQL5 cloud?

Edit: The FAQ of MQL5 Cloud Network says (https://cloud.mql5.com/en/faq/payments , goto "What is the cost of one PR unit per time":

Appropriate number of tester agents is equal to the number of cores. In case of a quad-core computer 4 agents are installed by default and the cost will increase 4 times accordingly.

It is not recommended to install the number of agents that is greater than the number of cores. That will not increase your profit, as PR of each installed agent will drop in that case

There is no word of cheating by using much more agents than logical cores.

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

Freeza007:

And why does the MetaTester software makes it that easy to cheat the system? It would be nearly no effort to integrate a agent limit into the software.

Actually no idea. There is quite a lot of information about cloud at russian part. You can ask developers.

Freeza007:

And why does the MetaTester software makes it that easy to cheat the system?
You see that no way to cheat.

Thanks for your answer, Renat.

I meant, that its quite easy to break the limit and install more many agents than it should be possible within the software.

Why isn't there a programmed limit that pops up when the user is going to install more agents than cores?

As a simple user, its really hard to understand, why the agents are purged everytime.

My problem is now, its not even possible to run just one agent on PC2. It will become deleted, too.

Is that PC maybe on a blacklist or something?

Renat, could you please confirm that installing more agents than logical cores available is really seen as cheating?

Regards

The software meta tester 5 agent manager built 975 get closed automatically after 1-2 hours. Is this a bug?

shaonfx1:
The software meta tester 5 agent manager built 975 get closed automatically after 1-2 hours. Is this a bug?
Can you give some details ?
Reason: