MT5 optimization only detects 128 cores maximum

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to make MT5 recognise all the cores available?

eas:

Hi there,

Hi there,

Physical cores are used only in case of cloud and agents (all the cores are not used).

I guess it won't be possible and it won't be useful too.

Each optimization requires 'its' RAM for the hist. quotes and even the most advanced pc won't be able to address that much RAM for 128 cores and so the pc will start to swap and the performance drops to almost zero.

So your bottleneck is your RAM size and not the number of cores for the fastet to optimize!

Sergey Golubev #:
Physical cores are used only in case of cloud and agents (all the cores are not used).

And it was announced 5 years ago and there are many posts about it (means: you can find it in your use forum search):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Local Network farm Core and Thread

Sergey Golubev, 2020.07.26 06:36

physical cores are used only in case of cloud and agents:

"Due to the apparent lack of memory with an excessive number of agents and a decrease in the speed of calculations on hyper-threading cores, we decided to limit ourselves to only physical cores when working in cloud" - post #60
This is the summary thread: All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud - Multi-currency strategy tester - How to test and optimize trading strategies on multiple currencies
All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud - Multi-currency strategy tester - How to test and optimize trading strategies on multiple currencies
  • Alain Verleyen
  • www.mql5.com
The general information about multi-currency strategy tester : "the strategy tester is a multi-currency tool, which allows you to test and optimize strategies trading multiple financial instruments. New testing trading strategies on real ticks  and the explanation is on this post

I used dual 9654 with disabled smt which means 196 cores total but mt5 tester only used 128 of the cores. Memory is plenty still. Why?

eas #:
I used dual 9654 with disabled smt which mean 196 cores total but mt5 tester only used 128 of the cores. Why?
How many physical cores?

Sergey Golubev #:
How many physical cores?
192 cores. if with threads 384. But I have disabled SMT.

eas #:
196 cores. if with threads 392. But I have disabled SMT.

196 physical cores? Not 96 cores?

---------------------

Anyway, I just found the information about the cores (that it should be physical cores).
Besides, Carl Schreiber is right: other parameters are taken into account for this PR calculation.

---------------------

• Alain Verleyen
  • www.mql5.com
The general information about multi-currency strategy tester : "the strategy tester is a multi-currency tool, which allows you to test and optimize strategies trading multiple financial instruments. New testing trading strategies on real ticks  and the explanation is on this post

Sergey Golubev #:

196 physical cores? Not 96 cores?

---------------------

Anyway, I just found the information about the cores (that it should be physical cores).
Besides, Carl Schreiber is right: other parameters are taken into account for this PR calculation.

---------------------

Sorry 192 cores. Dual 96 cores. MT5 tester only detected 128 cores.

eas #:
Sorry 192 cores. Dual 96 cores. MT5 tester only detected 128 cores.

Since 128 is a power of 2, I assume that this is currently(?) the upper limit of the terminal and not an arbitrary limit.

To my knowledge there is no official statement about this limit.

Reason: