All indicators purchased on MQL5 today stopped to work due to what seems a new install and update of Meta Trader 4 on the same pc.

Please help. MQL5 this is cheating your customers who bought from you and then cannot disable or enable indicators when
reinstalling MT4 on the same computer. Furthermore, there should always be option for the customer to deactivate and reactivate
their bought indicators in the future if forced to move to a new Windows 11 pc
when suddenly MT4 on old Windows version is not supported.

Previously, MT4 application was installed at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ on this computer. Today I opened MT4 on the same pc, and
MT4 seemed to get re-install now at C:\Program Files(x86)\Meta Trader 4 after taking a while to get to launch.
When checking indicators that were previously activated on the same PC, they have all of a sudden become deactivated, most have zero activation left.

MQL5 must issue licence to customers who bought their indicators, for example such as one can re-activate Photoshop on a new Windows version when companies no longer support their app, indicators on older Windows version. I am using Windows 7 currently, so what happens to all the indicators bought when it seems to be force to use Windows 11 as suddenly MT4 is not supported on Windows 7. I know this happened as I had to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and again forced to use a licence as MQL5 do not give option to deactivate, re-install, re-activate any indicators. This is clear cheating the customers and shows to never buy from MQl5 ever again without providing licence, serial number etc with your purchases.

So now MQL5 what are your solution to fix this headache. Thanks.

Krishnanand Soondur:

Please help. MQL5 this is cheating your customers who bought from you and then cannot disable or enable indicators when
reinstalling MT4 on the same computer. Furthermore, there should always be option for the customer to deactivate and reactivate

Previously, MT4 application was installed at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ on this computer. Today I opened MT4 on the same pc, and
MT4 seemed to get re-install now at C:\Program Files(x86)\Meta Trader 4 after taking a while to get to launch.
When checking indicators that were previously activated on the same PC, they have all of a sudden become deactivated, most have zero activation left.

MQL5 must issue licence to customers who bought their indicators, for example such as one can re-activate Photoshop on a new Windows version when companies no longer support their app, indicators on older Windows version. I am using Windows 7 currently, so what happens to all the indicators bought when it seems to be force to use Windows 11 as suddenly MT4 is not supported on Windows 7. I know this happened as I had to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and again forced to use a licence as MQL5 do not give option to deactivate, re-install, re-activate any indicators. This is clear cheating the customers and shows to never buy from MQl5 ever again without providing licence, serial number etc with your purchases.

Why do you think I have not bought from mql5 marketplace for a very long time.

Krishnanand Soondur:

It's important to note that Windows identifying your computer as a new device after major updates or operating system upgrades is a result of Windows' system protocols rather than an issue with the MQL5.com Market licensing system.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

It's important to note that Windows identifying your computer as a new device after major updates or operating system upgrades is a result of Windows' system protocols rather than an issue with the MQL5.com Market licensing system.

Thank you for your reply, however this is not helpful. With Windows 11 now being kind of forced to users by Microsoft because they are not supporting old Windows OS, this means installing a new Windows version on the PC to invalidate the paid for MQL5 indicators. Why does MQL5 issue licence to each indicator app on MT4, MT5 to make it simpler by deactivating your licence and re-activating your licence?

I have paid real money for the apps on MQL5, and now they are deactivated because suddenly MT4 needed an update on the same pc but now installed itself to a different folder on the hard drive.

Does MQL5 agree that with each MT4 update on Windows, then the user must buy the indicator again when it has already been bought. Therefore, show us working result to resolve this major headache. Otherwise, Nobody must MT4, MT5 apps from MQL5 any more because this is clear cheating your customers, frankly robbing your client directly.

MQL5 should support their customers and to provide extra activations for their paid for indicators on the Marketplace that are credited automatically due to an out of control sudden MT4, MT5 update. These indicators get re-installed on the same computer but in a different folder on the computer hard drive. Previously installed MT4, MT5 on the same computer had all the purchased indicators fully functional with an active licence. Or that Windows version update or upgrade is being forced upon users.

Michael Charles Schefe #:

Why do you think I have not bought from mql5 marketplace for a very long time.

Thank you for your reply. It is real cheats and daylight robbery that MQL5 do not press indicator seller on their marketplace to enforce the provision of licence that give the buyer and their customer to deactivate and reactivate their paid for app.

As for me, MT4 got a sudden update and re-install to a different folder on the hard drive that previous had all the paid for indicators from MQL5 active and fully working. Now with this new MT4 update and on the same computer most of the indicators has become deactivated, and no more activation left from my account. If this goes to a court of the land, MQL5 would be forced to provide licence and activation once more and permanently if bought and not shirt term activation, which is bull crap.

This is the explanation from MQ:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Make sure that nothing flies after updating Windows 10!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2017.05.13 20:13

Here the question must be asked to Microsoft - why does Microsoft put every major update as a new OS. And Microsoft puts it as a new, just look at the residual Windows, old directories and a bunch of other garbage.

Some fanatic does it for them, killing licensing systems of tens of thousands of programs around the world. Yes, it certainly kills - no need to watch a special case of your computer.

And this is the explanation from admins (just in case someone will complain about activation losing):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

EA suddenly broken

Rashid Umarov, 2019.05.27 19:08

Hello,

Each product has at least 5 activations that can be used in case of hardware failure, re-installation of OS, installation on a wrong PC. That is enough for a normal personal use.

In case there is a huge Windows update coming, we add an additional activation for all purchased products beforehand. We don't add activations personally - they are not provided, and it is not possible physically.

Example: Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) causes saved MetaTrader passwords to become invalid

Krishnanand Soondur #:
If this goes to a court of the land, MQL5 would be forced to provide licence and activation once more

You/we do not buy activations.
We buy the products.

Read my previous post with the explanation from MQ - and it is very well-known information, seems - you did not visit this forum for the long time or visit it from time to time (because one explanation from MetaQuotes is from 2017).

Reason: