'No enough money' error

Guys, help me out. What causes the error 'No enough money' when trying to close one position in hedge trading? Can't close either the one in profit or loss.

Ist weiten, red the Message, understand it

@amando, no further message involved. It is a just a huge two word sentence saying 'No enough money'. 

Was trying to close a hedge trade of 0.5 lot size each with running equity of 418$

Sheikh Kelvin #:

@amando, no further message involved. It is a just a huge two word sentence saying 'No enough money'. 

Was trying to close a hedge trade of 0.5 lot size each with running equity of 418$

I have edited their publications. Broker chatter is considered advertising here on the forum, and is not relevant to the problem you are raising.

Let me give you an example: My car won't start. What could it be? It is red.

I suggest you contact your broker since he is the one you should ask for explanations.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

I have edited their publications. Broker chatter is considered advertising here on the forum, and is not relevant to the problem you are raising.

Let me give you an example: My car won't start. What could it be? It is red.

I suggest you contact your broker since he is the one you should ask for explanations.

So you think it is a broker issue?

I don't have years of experience in trading so such error is very new to me. 

Sheikh Kelvin #:

So you think it is a broker issue?

I don't have years of experience in trading so such error is very new to me. 

I am not saying (nor even implying) that I believe it's the fault of your broker. I'm simply stating that who should truly advise you on this matter is your broker, as they are the one providing you with the service.

If, after speaking with them, they indicate that the issue lies with the platform, we would be happy to assist you. ❤️

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:
saying

Thanks a lot sir. I'll follow up with them. 

Sheikh Kelvin #: Was trying to close a hedge trade of 0.5 lot size each with running equity of 418$
  1. Close the loosing trades first. Thus increasing your margin.

2. Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
              Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
              Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
              Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
              THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

William Roeder #Close the loosing trades first. Thus increasing your margin.

I think the OP already tried. Although it is good to point out this detail. 😉

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

'No enough money' error

Sheikh Kelvin, 2024.01.07 09:34

Guys, help me out. What causes the error 'No enough money' when trying to close one position in hedge trading? Can't close either the one in profit or loss.

Sheikh Kelvin: Guys, help me out. What causes the error 'No enough money' when trying to close one position in hedge trading? Can't close either the one in profit or loss.

Many brokers offer reduced margin requirements for a same symbol hedging, and so, closing just one side, will increase the margin requirements.

Due to your very bad money management, this has lead you into this situation.

One way to resolve the issue is to close both sides of the hedge at the same time, by using the "Close By" method, but not all brokers allow this.

Close by

This operation allows closing two opposite positions of the same symbol. If the positions have different volumes, only one position will be left open. Its volume will be equal to the difference between the volumes of two closed positions, and the direction will correspond to the larger position.

In contrast to separate closure of two positions, the Close By operation saves the trader one spread:

• When closing positions separately, the trader pays spread twice: when closing the Buy position at a lower price (Bid), and when closing Sell at the Ask price.
  • In the Close By operation, the open price of the first position is used to close the seconds one, and the first one is closed at the open price of the second position.

This type of operation is only available in the hedging position accounting system.

Fernando Carreiro #Many brokers offer reduced margin requirements for a same symbol hedging, and so, closing just one side, will increase the margin requirements.

That reminded me that during the weekends there are brokers that increase the margin requirements (like 2000:1 leveraged accounts). Maybe this is the case. 🤔

Reason: