Market Product

What are the rules if any about selling my own products on other sites?  The products on MQL5 market sit here lost in the mix for months and years with no sells.

Thomas Bradley Butler: What are the rules if any about selling my own products on other sites?

Did you not read the Market rules?

Read the Market Developer Distribution Agreement referenced in (I.3) of the Market rules, especially the section on III. License grant and restrictions.

In simple terms, you grant MetaQuotes a "non-exclusive and royalty-free license to sell Product Licenses and distribute Products"

The key word being "non-exclusive", which means you can sell your products through other means, separate to the Market.

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

Thomas Bradley Butler: The products on MQL5 market sit here lost in the mix for months and years with no sells.

You can supply links to to your products in the Market, on your own website or on other sites that explicitly allow advertisements to be placed, which will in turn drive your sales here on the Market.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Read the Market Developer Distribution Agreement referenced in (I.3) of the Market rules, especially the section on III. License grant and restrictions.

In simple terms, you grant MetaQuotes a "non-exclusive and royalty-free license to sell Product Licenses and distribute Products"

The key word being "non-exclusive", which means you can sell your products through other means, separate to the Market.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Fernando Carreiro #:

You can supply links to to your products in the Market, on your own website or on other sites that explicitly allow advertisements to be placed, which will in turn drive your sales here on the Market.

Separate from this site, another channel but same products was the main question.  The competition to get sells here on MQL5 is much. 

Fernando Carreiro #:

What about this, what does it mean?

1. Non-Compete. You may not use Market to distribute or make available any Product whose primary purpose is to facilitate the distribution of software applications for MetaTrader 5 Trading Terminal outside of Market.

Thomas Bradley Butler #:

What about this, what does it mean?

1. Non-Compete. You may not use Market to distribute or make available any Product whose primary purpose is to facilitate the distribution of software applications for MetaTrader 5 Trading Terminal outside of Market.

It means that you should not "compete" with MetaQuotes—that you should not publish a product that serves as a "lure" or "bait" to drive buyers onto another website that also sells products for MetaTrader.

Fernando Carreiro #:
It means that you should not "compete" with MetaQuotes—that you should not publish a product that serves as a "lure" or "bait" to drive buyers onto another website that also sells products for MetaTrader.

Thanks

Reason: