Why is Volume column is always zero

Trying to create a report on trades, I saw that the Volume column is always empty, and the volume value in the data window is always zero. Why is it so? can someone explain, in the MQ help it is written that there should be a volume on the last trades, but I always have it at zero, no matter how many trades I open
Files:
2.png  29 kb

Игорь Тихомиров :
Trying to create a report on trades, I saw that the Volume column is always empty, and the volume value in the data window is always zero. Why is it so? can someone explain, in the MQ help it is written that there should be a volume on the last trades, but I always have it at zero, no matter how many trades I open

The real volume is broadcast, as a rule, on exchange symbols. Connect to the exchange server and you will get the real volume.

Vladimir Karputov #:

The real volume is broadcast, as a rule, on exchange symbols. Connect to the exchange server and you will get the real volume.

That is, volume does not work on Demo servers, but only at exchange servers?

Игорь Тихомиров # :

That is, volume does not work on Demo servers, but only at exchange servers?

The real volume is broadcast in exchange symbols and yes, of course, it must be a real trading account.

In
Vladimir Karputov #:

The real volume is broadcast in exchange symbols and yes, of course, it must be a real trading account.

Does not have to be a real account.

Игорь Тихомиров:

(Normal) volumes is for symbols traded at exchanges as there the volumes (in terms of money) of the transactions and the orders are registered like shares, commodities. But the forex market is not regulated. The prices are provided by the liquidity providers but they do not reveal the amount behind the orders they have got.

So instead of having no volume one started to count the numbers of orders for the prices and so we see the tick_volume.

Sorry, now I'll ask a question on the topic of the thread.

I understood from the thread why there are zeros in the MT5 terminal.

But in MT4 Terminal I see values:

All described is not applicable to MT4? And we can see via terminal the volume on the last trades, right?

Anton Bezumov #: Sorry, now I'll ask a question on the topic of the thread. I understood from the thread why there are zeros in the MT5 terminal. But in MT4 Terminal I see values: https://prnt.sc/W7q0TT1uciId

All described is not applicable to MT4? And we can see via terminal the volume on the last trades, right?

What you see in MT4 is "Tick Volume". That is also available in MT5, but MT5 also has "Real Volume" which is the value that the OP is questioning.

However, in Forex, there is only tick volume. Real volume is not available for Forex because it is decentralised.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Tick volume vs Real volume

Rashid Umarov, 2010.08.10 16:07

Tick volume contains number of ticks came for bar. Real volume contains volume of trade operations made on this bar (i.e, for stock exchange).

Reason: