CopyRates: is OHLC Bid or Ask or both?

Hey guys!

I tried searching Google for this but couldn’t find an answer unfortunately.

In mql5 when copying rates with CopyRates, is the Open, High, Low and Close based on the Bid price that is used as standard? ie. The High is the highest bid price and the low is the lowest bid price? Or is the High the highest Ask price and the Low the lowest Bid price, like a combination of both? 

Kind regards

Chris: I tried searching Google for this but couldn’t find an answer unfortunately. In mql5 when copying rates with CopyRates, is the Open, High, Low and Close based on the Bid price that is used as standard? ie. The High is the highest bid price and the low is the lowest bid price? Or is the High the highest Ask price and the Low the lowest Bid price, like a combination of both? 

In MetaTrade, all OHLC bar data are bid prices. All charts show the bid prices only. Only tick data, has ask and bid prices.

EDIT: Alain's answer below is more correct than mine. I keep forgetting about other markets as I mostly only trade Forex.

Chris:
Hey guys!

I tried searching Google for this but couldn’t find an answer unfortunately.

In mql5 when copying rates with CopyRates, is the Open, High, Low and Close based on the Bid price that is used as standard? ie. The High is the highest bid price and the low is the lowest bid price? Or is the High the highest Ask price and the Low the lowest Bid price, like a combination of both? 

Kind regards

It's never the ask.

It depends of the market type, on Forex and CFD it's the bid, on Exchange (Stocks, Futures...) it's the last price.

You can check it on the symbol settings.

Thanks guys! 

My assumptions were right then, but awesome it could be verified. 

Kind regards

Reason: