Template name

Can anyone come up with a code to show the "template name" on every template in  MT5  and be hero to all ?
everybody keeps talking about how simple it is but to no avail, and am not talking about inserting text manually.
just need an indicator to attach to the chart.

The question makes no sense.

An applied template, removes existing objects, EAs and indicators, then add whatever is in the template. The template is then irrelevant; there is no name to show.

William Roeder #:

The question makes no sense.

An applied template, removes existing objects, EAs and indicators, then add whatever is in the template. The template is then irrelevant; there is no name to show.

simply put, you have a chart and like to know which template you are using! need the name of that template somewhere on the chart.

fatbat # like to know which template you are using

What part of "there is no name to show" was unclear to you? It does not exist. Asking twice changes nothing.

William Roeder #:

What part of "there is no name to show" was unclear to you? It does not exist. Asking twice changes nothing.

the part that I have 5 templates that I named myself and applied them to 5 different charts but need to know which one I am working with at any time.

fatbat #: the part that I have 5 templates that I named myself and applied them to 5 different charts but need to know which one I am working with at any time.

For the third and last time, you are not "working with" any template; once applied, the template is irrelevant. All you have is the chart as it currently exists, just as if you made the changes yourself.

fatbat #:
the part that I have 5 templates that I named myself and applied them to 5 different charts but need to know which one I am working with at any time.
Add a label object with whatever name you want on your chart, then save it in your template. After that each time you will apply a template, the label with your chosen name will be on your chart.

fatbat #:

You always can be a little creative and add a hidden object on each template with the description or object name as the template name and than in the ea query that object

Alain Verleyen #:
Add a label object with whatever name you want on your chart, then save it in your template. After that each time you will apply a template, the label with your chosen name will be on your chart.

just saw the fastest gunner in the west with similar answer..

Alain Verleyen #: Add a label object with whatever name you want on your chart, then save it in your template. After that each time you will apply a template, the label with your chosen name will be on your chart.

Of course, but OP specifically didn't want that answer.

fatbat: and am not talking about inserting text manually.

William Roeder #:

For the third and last time, you are not "working with" any template; once applied, the template is irrelevant. All you have is the chart as it currently exists, just as if you made the changes yourself.

William Roeder #:

Of course, but OP specifically didn't want that answer.

Imagine a world where you have a script or whatever that whenever you apply a template to a chart it leaves it's name somewhere on the chart and as long as you have that chart you can

see the name of the template that was last applied to it.

Mars logging off!

Reason: