I have 2 problems: with my EA on real/live account vs demo account and also a problem with backtester. Please help

Hi,

I have 2 problems that i can´t solve. I hope you guys can help me work it out.

Problem 1:

I have an EA that works fine on demo account. It places trades and the profitability is very good. I let it run all day on demo account and it works like it should. But when i switch to real/live account, it does not work. The profitability goes down, and i end up in loss. I know about the liquidity of markets, and since im testing, i choose a very small lot size so im sure there is market for the orders.

Problem 2:

The backtest sometimes works, sometimes not. I run a strategy on strategy tester, and it works great. But sometimes i run the same strategy on the same timeframe, and it does not work anymore. That has happened to me before many times, i try a strategy and it works great, and after a while the same strategy stops working on the same timeframe and dates. But after a week or so, i test the same strategy on the same date and timeframe and than it works again. Ive even tried a strategy on demo account on a specific day and it works, and than i run the same strategy on backtest on the same day and it does not work. And after a while, it works again.

Thank you!

Problem 1.
It may be related to the coding/code of your EA and the data of demo/real data differences.
So, you can change the logic of your EA, or you can change the broker with the other data/quotes.

Problem 2.
I think - it may be for Freelance where you may find the coder (for money) who will explain to you the logic of your EA and ropose the ways of possible fixing and improvement (and will do it too). It may be in tet-a-tet way (you will not need to upload your EA to the public, and the coder only will see it).
I am not a coder sorry.

Problem 2:

The backtest sometimes works, sometimes not.

Hi,

I am building EAs ***

When I change the Input Tab code. To be sure the tester works I do this:

1)     Rich click open space and use "Save Version".

2)     Close the platform and Strategy Tester Visualization programs

3)     Restart MQL5 Terminal.

4)     Run new test. Carefully view beginning of Tester Visualization window.

5)     If there are errors in your code you will see a RED message box defining the problem.

This is important because not all errors show up accurately in the Journal tab.

Other testing note:

Looking at the chart created after testing does not always tally with expected results.

***  writes the data of every indicator to a .csv file. The logic code always fits that data.

David_NZ # :

I am building EAs ***

If you create (generate) advisors using third-party software - you should ask your questions to the author of this third-party software.

Vladimir,

I was offering HELP to the questioner.

So I was not asking questions.

There seems to be a tradition on this forum to pull every non-coder down to zero.

David_NZ # :

Vladimir,

I was offering HELP to the questioner.

So I was not asking questions.

There seems to be a tradition on this forum to pull every non-coder down to zero.

Advertising on the forum is prohibited. Don't try to advertise or try to link.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic posts".
Reason: