Who makes the best stochastic oscillator indicator for metatrader 4?

I have been playing with the simple slow stochastic 14,3,3 setting on mt4 using an average true range renko chart with interesting results. is there a better custom reliable optimized stochastic? or perhaps a more reliable custom indicator that works better out there?

There is no such thing as best stochastic

hparefer:
I have been playing with the simple slow stochastic 14,3,3 setting on mt4 using an average true range renko chart with interesting results. is there a better custom reliable optimized stochastic? or perhaps a more reliable custom indicator that works better out there?

hparefer

Stochastic is what is usually called a min max normalization (with some smoothing added - a long known math mode that was preceding the stochastic name). It was used for all sorts of calculations : stochastic (regular), stochastic of averages, stochastic of macd, stochastic of almost anything (wherever people thought that it would be good to normalize values)

Anyway, it all depends on your needs and your trading style. One may work for one trading style (system) and would not work for another trading style (system). So there is no such thing as the best stochastic - it all depends on how you trade what should you chose and use

The question is too general - like "what is the best setting for macd", or "what is the best average" - those are sales pitches not TA talk

mladen:
hparefer

Stochastic is what is usually called a min max normalization (with some smoothing added - a long known math mode that was preceding the stochastic name). It was used for all sorts of calculations : stochastic (regular), stochastic of averages, stochastic of macd, stochastic of almost anything (wherever people thought that it would be good to normalize values)

Anyway, it all depends on your needs and your trading style. One may work for one trading style (system) and would not work for another trading style (system). So there is no such thing as the best stochastic - it all depends on how you trade what should you chose and use

Nice explanations - did not know the origins of stochastic (the name did not sound logical)

Stochastic of ma or T3 - is better

sebastianK:
Stochastic of ma or T3 - is better

Those are not bad either - depends on your trading style, of course

mladen:
Those are not bad either - depends on your trading style, of course

I am trend trader so it suites me

sebastianK:
I am trend trader so it suites me

For that style of trading it really can be useful with right settings

mladen:
Re: who makes the best stochastic oscillator indicator for metatrader 4? For that style of trading it really can be useful with right settings

can not find it

Is there a stochastic of the averages?

sebastianK:

can not find it

Is there a stochastic of the averages?

SebastionK there is one here; https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002/page35

Reason: