SideWinder for CCI: My first release

Hello fellow pip hunters !

I present here my first attempt at an MT4 version of the popular SideWinder indicator made popular by Woodies and all the CCI traders.

I am currently still working on a CCI overlay version which will fit over the CCI indicator at the 200 levels. Until then, this version will paint in it’s own window. ( EDIT: 12/08/2006 This has been resovled )

This model is based on eSignal code I received.

In the top left hand corner of the chart, it will display the current angles of both the EMA(34) and the LSMA(25).

As far as I know, I coded the first LSMA version for MT4 some time ago and have since matured in my coding skills. I also present here a cleaned up version of the LSMA in color

I welcome any constructive comments to improve on the SideWinder for MT4 and will do my best to accommodate any requests.

Please bare in mind that I trade full time, and can only afford spare time to this project.

Finally a word of thanks and appreciation to Mart-Hart who is always ready to listen to my new crazy ideas and who motivated me to start working on SideWinder for MT4.

Best wishes and happy hunting

FX Sniper

NOTE: All the latest versions of the indicators are to be found at post number 24 of this thread https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/3263-sidewinder-for-cci-my-first-release/page2#comment_78827

Files:
allinone.gif  21 kb

Nice indi ,look much better than trigger line and hma . Great work Commerad .

thanks sniper, as usual...nice stuff

ps. i use neuimex ver of mt4,and never can get an ex4 file to work, any suggestions?

Nice job, Sniper.

Files:
snipersw.gif  21 kb

vince-ac:
thanks sniper, as usual...nice stuff ps. i use neuimex ver of mt4,and never can get an ex4 file to work, any suggestions?

Oops, sorry to hear about this, I had the same troubles with it and switched to FIBO Group as their Euro price is closest to my broker.

I am sorry I can not be of more help in that regard

HulaHula and Thruline, thank your for the kind words !

Happy Hunting !

FX Sniper

Ran it to day and compared Woodies charts in the forex chat room.

And it is spot on

Top job FXS, if it was a job you would get employee of the month.

Mart

FX_Sniper:
Hi there,

As promised, here is an overlay version of the SideWinder for MT4. Simply drag and drop it onto any CCI indicator and it will add itself to the bottom of the CCI indicator and still show the angles as an comment in the top left hand corner of the chart.

This is just an alternative for those who do not wish to have it running in a second frame of its own and save screen space.

Best wishes and happy hunting

FX Sniper

Hmm.. I'm sorry but I dont get it, how to interpret this indicator?

Thanks

It's supposed to help you stay out of chop. Look at price action and the changing colors of the indicator.

Thruline:
It's supposed to help you stay out of chop. Look at price action and the changing colors of the indicator.

So.. green means okay, yellow means warning, red means step aside?

Devil2000:
So.. green means okay, yellow means warning, red means step aside?

SW helps filter ZLR's - if GREEN ok to take ZLR, if yellow, conservative traders should wait for confirmation from either CZI (3 bars in agreement with ZLR read) or another CCI pattern.

-cubesteak

Reason: