MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 822

Hi, I made a script to open trades of 2 symbols. When I test it in the Navigator, it seems that Navigator supports just scripts for 1 symbol. Can someone confirm this limitation ? Thanks
Can anyone pls advise I am trying to run this basic short MQL program to read/write to external file and have reduced errors but can't get further. Can anyone help in debugging this? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
Does anyone know any EA or SCRIPT which will calculate the TP and SL levels by itself and closes the orders when either the SL calculated or TP calculated would be hit.Before you ask, this would be to get around STOPLEVEL and to allow me to trade little position sizes. To understand it better it...
#property copyright "mankin"#property link      ""#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_minimum 0#property indicator_maximum 1#property indicator_color1 Blue#property indicator_buffers 1extern int Number=30;double Line_Buffer[], Mean_Buffer[],...
#property copyright "mankin"#property link      ""#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_minimum 0#property indicator_maximum 1#property indicator_color1 Blue#property indicator_buffers 1extern int Number=30;double Line_Buffer[], Mean_Buffer[],...
Dear all, May I know where to get the document on the outputs in the chart during strategy backtest? for example, I want to know the meaning of the graphical objects in the attached image... Many thanks for your time and consideration, and Merry Christmas to you nice gentlemen, for your proficiency...
So I want to move my stop to break even when my trade hits the pivot line However it seems doesn't work. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance. extern int magic           = 20051016; //magic numberint start()  {//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| getting the...
// If the price is greater than OrderOpenPrice() and it comes back to OrderOpenPrice() then OrderClose().// Advise, SampleCode is appreciated.
hello, can any one code for me its very simple but i dont know how to create it... THE LOGIC IS : 1) INDICATOR WORKS FOR FIRST ONE HOUR AFTER MARKET OPEN. 2) SET ALERT WHEN PRCIE NOT TOUCH IN ONE HOUR BETWEEN PIVOT POINT AND SUPPORT-1.........AND ........PIVOT POINT AND RESISTANCE-1 IF PRICE TOUCH...
[Deleted]
I am trying to make an EA with a moving average crossover. The code fails after the first cross. If you get a opposite cross, you dont get the signal. Do someone has some tips where the error is? EMA1= iMA ( NULL , 0 , 10 , 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE , 0 ); EMA2= iMA ( NULL , 0 , 20 , 0 , MODE_EMA
[Deleted]
Hi guys, thanks for actively responding my first question, much appreciated. Here is my second question of the my first day. I have a function called "double removeDuplicatedOrder()" return a double Array, which contains a list of pending order price in double. The "removeDuplicatedOrder()" will be...
  Memory Leak???  (6)
Hello Experts, I have a strange one. I call several custom indicators at the beginning of a new candle inside of an EA. While running this in backtest I see that one of the indicators keeps getting loaded at each new candle (each time it is encountered in the code). I stop the EA (in Backtest), I...
Can anyone advise? Am trying ot read an external file which I have placed in the C:/Program Files/MetaTrader 4/experts/files folder. However the erro message on the compiler says number 4 invalid number and refers to the number 4 of the MetaTrader 4 sub-folder. How can this be overcome as I must not...
I've easilly seen guides on how to make expert advisors on the web and in forums,... How hard is it to make indicators and use it to do a statistical or seudo backtest? Just wondering about the theory behind making indicators and I can't seem to find anything to deliver that.
[Deleted]
Hello, maybe someone knows how to insert and what kind of code to insert to my EA so it would be able to open trades with 50% of current balance? for example: I attach my ea, when conditions are good it opens trade with some lot size which will be a half of my current balance, than if it losses it...
[Deleted]
I am a new comer here. According to my knowledge, foreign exchange from customer to market through stock brokers,the buy and bid price are often using fixed gap, usually 2 points. But foreign exchange from customer to market directly through ECN, ,the buy and bid price are often using floating gap....
[Deleted]
I had created an EA, which sends e mail, when a cross and close happens. My SMTP server is smtp.com:2525. The problem is, the mail gets send (even test mails) some times and sometimes not. Though GetLatError() returns 0, the error pops up in the journal. The latest one was Mail:Error connecting...
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can help me with a the coding here. I want to place Max orders. I am going to place 4 pending orders a day and after those trades are placed I want the next 4 orders to be placed the next day. I tought of counting the trades by selecting the trades if they had...
Test Period: 1 years; Spread: 10; Result as below pictures: This EA is made just now, I think there must be many deficient points, so I post its result pictures here to get advice for this EA's serious deficiency.
I made an Indicator which can draw a line on chart as below; some time this line cross the bars around it and some time this line always run above / below bars as below: the first situation: the second situation: So I want to get a good method of differing these two situations.
[Deleted]
While testing, There are two or more opened sell or buy orders. Im trying to modifying orders but it does not work. I debugged and found it responses none of orders opened filtered by if(!OrderType() == OP_BUY) continue;... Why? <CODE REMOVED>
[Deleted]
Hi, I wonder how I can specify an alert at a specific time in the day or an alert after a daily close. Can someone help me with that? The problem I think is that the functions hour(), minutes() can not be used because it only works when the script/ea loads. I am going to use it in an EA.
Hello, I am new here so others might have asked this question before but I can't find any from the search box. All I am looking for is something like the picture below. Lines are automatically drawn. It is like drawing a trend line where when it is going down, a line is drawn at the top and vice...
Hello, does somebody know what the error mean "no memory for string" i did see that today in my experts tabs?
[Deleted]
hello every one i downloaded forex historical data from www.global-view.com and it looks like(excel file attached),it shows days high low close and open i want also to get stochtics readings. is there any way that i can download stochtics indicator reading,or i can get using stochtics formula in...
First of all I'm not English, sorry for the possible mistakes. I want to build an indicator on the MT4 but I can't do this! I want to see on the chart, in addiction to the EMA 5, two different lines above and under the EMA 5. Above the EMA a line given by EMA 5 + (ATR (7)/4). Under the EMA a line...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am attaching the MQ4 file here please check and help me out to resolve the error ... I request experts to check this error and solve it for me <DECOMPILED CODE REMOVED>
Hi, Is it possible to get the crossing of two lines of two different indicators ? I would like to get the crossing of stochastic and standard deviation. There must be a way as the lines do cross on the screen. I know how to do it with stochastic/rsi/wpr or ma's etc. but this one got me blocked. Any...
Hi Forum, I wanted to print some comments on the left side of the chart but the chart is sometimes overlapping the text and make it unreadable. Therefore I wanted to hide a part of the chart by using a black object. I tried it with a rectangle but it seems to be that the rectangle is always...
I find that the existing MQL4 tutorials and texts and reference material are fine to read through to learn about MQL4 by topic and aspect, but are not at all well structured and laid out when one is writing an MQL4 program and having problems there. i.e. they are not very useful to refer to by...