MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 777

[Deleted]
A difficult question to give a quantifiable answer, but here I go: I understand the difference between char / short / int / long (8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit) but what sort of real-world difference does this actually make? If I'm using a counter that is never realistically going to be more than 10-20....
Hi, I download MT4 terminal from MetaQuotes official site, but the max leverage is 1:100. I need leverage 1:500, so how can I add new leverage item into drop-down list in Open An Account window. Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
Hello, I want to know what is the mql4 compatibility for C language. Can I use headers files, such as dirent.h, into mql4 expert advisors? Is the same compiler? Something similar to GCC. Thank you very much
Hi Guys could you please have a look at the below code and let me know what is the problem? this expert supposed to calculate some information when user drop the Rectangle on the chart! it works fine when i put the Rectangle for the first time but when i put another Rectangle, it doesn't work .......
I have become aware of a litany of problems that have occurred since the introduction of the new MT4 build. My current problems are as follows: 1) I have incurred a problem sending emails. I use Outlook, my ISP is Time Warner. My emails show they are sent but they are NOT being received. I have...
Hello, I have a problem with Strategy Tester (MT4 build 509). It seems to be common because I found couple of threads regarding this issue, but none of them got proper answer. I tried everything except reinstalling MT4, but I would rather not to do it because of new version 600+ I don`t thing it is...
Hi there, I have been using MT4 for quite some while and do also some minor MQL4 programing. This brings me to my question because I have not found anything relevant within the MQL4 community: Is it possible to make a script, where the script searches for graphical objects like rectangles and...
Thare are two expert diagrams below. The logics are the same but results are different. and "C" output must be the same but they differ. Is there anyone to explain it? I have real examples about them . The results always differ. 1. EXAMPLE If (condition1) { Open Buy Order } If (condition2) {...
[Deleted]
actually i created a indicator which plots histogramm in sub window according to the time taken from the candle open to close. i created this indi for offline charts but the indicator when ploted to offline chart i am getting erroras out of array in experts tab. but when ploted in 4hr chart it works...
  Some help needed  (77   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
I am trying to code an EA based on my own strategy, with the help of code from some other EAs and indis. but now stuck in one thing. (user defined lot sizes for each trade) extern string LotsProgression=
This I read in the reference: string  FileReadString(   int  file_handle,     // File handle   int  length=-1        // Length of the string   );...When reading from a bin-file. the length of a string to read must be specified. When reading from a txt-file the string length is not required, and the...
Hi i have a problem to install any new indicator expert advisor to this new metatrader. Any one know how to install. Before this I only copy and paste to expert/ indicators and it can be use easily but now none of them are functioning if i use this methid. Already try redownload and installed few...
[Deleted]
I have been trying to use the FindFirstFile, and FindNextFile, but I cannot seemto get them to work. Does anyone have any sample code to show how to obtain a listof files in a directory? Lance
[Deleted]
I was slowly Compiling my EA's into build610 worthy EA's. This part of my code came unstuck where Build590 was fine ( see below switch statement ) The error is : 'MarketInfo' - illegal switch expression ' What I know - I know MarketInfo returns a double value 0, so the statement "case 0 " may...
I need help on how my indicator will display daily profit from monday to friday
Good Afternoon Could someone please tell me why when I want to download data from the records center mt4, I list the errors listed below and how it could solve. In customer support and fxcm alpari give me no solution .. at FXCM 2014.03.15 03:18:33.015 HistoryCenter: can not connect to history...
[Deleted]
Is there somewhere I can go to find EA's to download? I've tried reading this site on how to write the code but its just gobbledygook to me! I'm trying to find an EA that switches between long and short depending on which side of an MA the price is on. Can anyone help?
Quick one; is it possible to manually close trades whilst back-testing MQL4 code in MT4? In a nut-shell, I am wanting to do a hybrid of automation and manual trading. It's so hard to write what I want in code, but I can easily manually close the trade out. Does MT4 facilitate this option whilst in...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm not a programmer. I'm a trader and systems builder. I have worked with a few coders in the past few months and I have finally completed this system. However I still need a few things in the Code. One of them is risk management parameters and an indicator. If someone can Please help me to
I'm unable to save horizontal lines/rectangles etc. I've tried saving the template, saving profiles. I've tried saving using a naked chart with no indicators on. I've tried deleting java temporary files and cache. Nothing. Driving me nuts, so if anyone has a solution i'd be very grateful....
I have been trying to get the 'Last Closed Order' from 'History' of closed trades but not getting things done correctly. My EA will open 3 trades simultaneously and when the third trade will be closed, i.e. there wont be any trade left (Buy/Sell) and if the Trade_after_SL==TRUE, the EA will look...
[Deleted]
This started upon the opening of the market this week. Exactly the same thing happened to my Android-based mt4 app about a week or two before it happened to my desktop mt4 platform. I am able to open and close positions on the broker's webtrading platform (but this has an exceeding high connection
  Account History  (2)
Sorry if this has been asked previously. I have a strategyrunning on a demo account.It is applied to two pairs. Is there any way of filtering the history so I can seperate the profit/loss history for each pair?
I don't remember reading anything about the properties of arrays being changed, are they supposed to still be static by default ? In strategy tester 616 they are not unless I explicitly define them as static. I'll post a test code in a few minutes in case anyone wants to check this out.
  ChartOpen() ..  (2)
I found this function: ChartOpen(..): Opens a new chart with the specified symbol and period. Can I attach an EA at this new Chart by a function following ChartOpen()? Gooly
Currently I am running two optimizations (status: 3009/10 496 (888 624)) with the use of OnTester(). The Reference writes: In the genetic optimization descending sorting is applied to results within one generation. I.e. from the point of view of the optimization criterion, the best results are those...
Hi I just started in debug mode in a script just this: long    Ch01 = ChartFirst(),        ChMe = ChartID();long    ChNx = ChartNext(ChMe); and get: Ch01:130395223288765087 longChMe:130370193351027474 longChNx:-1 long I expect s.th. like 0, 3, -1 it is the last Chart?? What is meant with ID of...
Looks like I exported the tick data incorrectly again. I'm not sure why this keeps happening