MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 639

Can someone tell me if it is possible to code an EA to draw a linear regression channel and open and close trades on breaks from the channel??
Had installed MT4 from FXCM download, but same thing happens when installing from MT4 download on this site.  Program appears to install normally, but as soon as the install completes, if I go to "Default Programs" and click on "Associate a file type or protocol with a program", the window briefly...
I need to write mql code to find london market open hours and broker mt4 server difference from any broker? whichever broker i use the ea must get the london market open hour and broker mt4 server difference by using mql code? Please support me to get the clue/idea?
Hi, as i trade with multicharts i need to beam the ticks with the integrated DDEServer of MT4. I compared the dde ticks with the one, i get in the onTick() method of an ea. i only added: printf (MarketInfo("GBPCAD",MODE_BID) ); So i think there should be no performance issue. i reduced the
What can be done if pending order triggered late. I mean how you take this particular case with your broker.
Hello folks,   I have the this sample data in my .csv file:   1,0.31,1.3,2.1 2,1.52,1.1,2.3 3,2.1,1.8.3.1 n+1,n,n,n and i would like to sort the rows on a descending order by the second column keeping the row values intact and then trim the file and keep the first N rows.   Any insights, code...
Hi, How do I get the chart handle of the last open chart window from Win32 API ? This is from within win32 dll, so I won't have access to the return of ChartOpen, that also returns the handle. Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi all, anyone noticed or commented on fact that ALL currencies are now back at their late 2007 early 2008 levels/ trading channels? And that currency movements intelligently pre-led the Lehman Brothers Collapse by weeks and months! Food for thought!   GotMetal15 
Hello A thought has crossed my mind, in those circumstances where high impact news causes a massive gap in the market/chart, if I have an open long near neither stop or take profit, and the gap changes the price down to below my stop loss, would the trade server automatically close the trade, or...
Hi, I am writing a program to open any offline chart programmatically and this works in recent mql4 builds, but I need a dll out of this so older builds can use it. Can anyone who is familar with win32 programming help me fix the 3 or 4 compilation issues ? I am new to windows programming and I...
Hi, does anybody know (a link) how can I statistically find the variables that influences the result of the trades? Imagine that I created an csv-sheet (for Excel) with one column of the trade-results and lots of other columns with values of the variables at the moment the trade was opened. Now I...
  import question  (5)
Hi, I just coded a library 'mylib.ex4' in build 840. and moved that library to build 509 and compiled an indi using that library. It compiles fine. The I move the indi to build 840 and attach the indi to a chart it says: cannot load external program 'mylib' What am I doing wrong ? I have included...
Hi, I want to make an EA tat is called/running once a day - but here in my test-code every hour. It writes a comment with the time (local) of the last run and the time it should run the next time: one hour later. BUT as you might see the OnTimer() seem to run every tick? Is that a bug or a feature?...
[Deleted]
Hello!I Own an indicator , but it only appears correctly in a separate window. When you insert the chart only the entries of "put" are visible.I would like to add it to the chart, without changing their prpriedades , and turns it into arrows. For he is like histogram.Can someone help me?Thanks!
Hello I'm having the following problem on all of my brokers with demo account (don't know about real account, right now I only use demo accounts): When I attach my EA to a Live-Trading-Chart, the following function returns 1 (what is correct and I can do orders with 1 Point Entry/SL difference)....
[Deleted]
  Help with Chart Events  (11   1 2)
Hi guys,  I need your help :). I want to combine two different chart events. For example if I press a key and the left mouse button at the same time, then another action should follow ( e.g an object is created). Does anyone have an idea how to realize this? Thanks for your help! 
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm very new to MQL4 and maybe my question has an obvious answer - but do I understand correctly that there is no way to access history of the account margin? If that's correct - how could I record AccountMargin()? Maybe printing it into a csv or writing a gui indicator? Thanks a lot in advance....
New article Statistical Verification of the Labouchere Money Management System has been published on mql5.com: In this article, we test the statistical properties of the Labouchere money management system. It is considered to be a less aggressive kind of Martingale, since bets are not doubled, but...
Hi, Whenever I open a chart using ChartOpen() in MT4 the last bar on the chart is on the left-most corner (meaning the entire chart is empty except for one bar on the left of the chart) . Then I have to scramble for page up / down to get it in the proper place. Have I missed anything after calling...
[Deleted]
In EA testing, the data can not be written to a CSV file?
I've been trying to get to the bottom of terminal hangs after removing multi-timeframe multi-symbol indicators. This issue can be replicated (on my terminal) by applying this very simple script. About 5 seconds after script execution, the terminal will hang for 1-2 minutes. I would appreciate it if
[Deleted]
Hi Guys,    I'm stumped on some code...can you help?    I've got two functions in an include file (GetA and GetB). I want to use these two functions to populate two arrays that will later be used in two custom indicator buffers. But for some reason, I can only get one array to populate. Please see...
hi all, I had planned a backtest this morning when found that the mt4 strategy tester returned no significant results. i couldn't understand this as my initial test was a direct duplicate of a test i did recently which yielded plenty of significant results. i decided to uptick ‘skip useless results‘...
Can anyone tell me if there's a working COT indicator for MT4 latest build? I tried almost everything with no success...
[Deleted]
Hi, I noticed that if an EA is tested in strategy tester when logged in on a demo account the result will differ if same EA is runned with same settings when logged in into a live account. If I strategy test my EA logged in to the demo account it generates twice as much profit as it does...
Hi, our ADX values that weobtained by entering Wildes formulas (about 15 formuals to get to the final adx values)are almost the same as Metatrader, but notquite. we are doing our own software and backtesting using the ADX (dm+ anddm-) on excell spreadsheets. we need Meta traders ADX excell...
Anybody success backtesting Renko charts? I Google it, and found only old solutions or can't find the necessary files.
[Deleted]
Hi mql4 community! As the subject says, I am an mql4 newbie and I would appreciate a lot if someone could point me in the right direction. This is what I want to accomplish: - An EA that opens position in EurUsd when one of many conditions is true and then closes this position after X amount of time...