MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 375

Hi all, I am recently testing an EA that I developed myself and I found that for some reason, when it closes a position on a pair, it closes all other positions in all other pairs, regardless if the EA is running on that pair. For example, if the EA is running on EURJPY and one condition is met for...
Hi All, Im trying to add this indicator to a chart in MT4 but it just wont load.  I think it may be a build issue. Does anyone know how i can fix this? (sorry am a bit of a novice - i have tried editor/compiling but no idea how to fix the errors). Thanks
Hi please make simple ea in MQl4 as follows 1.When A candle crosses Moving Average ,SMA14 above On the next Candle opening EA should open "BUY" 2.When A candle crosses Moving Average, SMA14 below On the next Candle opening EA should open "SELL" 3.SL-50 and TP-50,trailing stop-after 20 pips request
I'm currently using a time and a profit filter for finding trades closed at take profits (my take profits are at 40 pips and I'm searching trades closed with + 30 or more pips for a specified time interval). Is there a more smarter way of doing this?
How can I change the color of the dashed green line drawn for executed trades? Thanks.
Hello guys, newbie coder here, just finished my first course and only been at this for a month, anyways. I am currently trying to automate my strategy and in order to do so I need to find the nearest moving average that is greater than bid and then again to find the nearest MA that is below bid. and...
double array[10][9][8][7][6];   // this is giving me an error:                                // '[' - wrong dimensiondouble array[10][9][8][7];      // this is working normally
Hi programmers Need some advice for my ea development in mql4 :) What i need is an entrytrigger from a cross of two indicators in the same indicatorwindow. In my case im trying to figure out, how i can get values from two indicators to check a cross of CCI eg. upwards over the zero line of OsMA. The...
[Deleted]
I want to have an object appear in a fixed position on the chart. It will be part of a meter indicator on the chart but right now I'm stuck just trying to get the object to appear on the chart at a fixed position. I can do this with a label but apparently it won't work with an arrow. I've read...
How can I to a datetime comparison? In my code, I use one datetime variable, lets say: datetime forbiddenDate; And some time during my strategy I give to this variable a value forbiddenDate = Time[0]; Then I want to check date to see is it good time to open if(forbiddenDate != Time[0]){ //open } But
original code: why the result is different?It should be the same! for (i=bars;i>=0;i--)   {      ma     = iMA("NZDUSD",0,periodMA,0,0,PRICE_MEDIAN,i);//replace with iMAONArreyfor (i=bars;i>=0;i--)   {   double haHigh = iHigh("NZDUSD",0,i);   double haLow  = iLow("NZDUSD",0,i);   double haClose=...
Hello everyone, I am wanting to make an indicator or EA (without success) that check the profit and if you reach the profit you want it to close all the orders, I have a script that close manually and I want to automate it //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
Can multiple terminals use SendNotification to send notifications all to a single instance of MT4 mobile running on an iphone or android phone? Let's say we have Terminal A from Broker 1, Terminal B from Broker 1, Terminal C from Broker 2...  can it be set up so they all send notifications to the...
[Deleted]
Hi, i hope here is someone who wants to help me please. I want to read from a MySQL Database, and dont know how to do this. I already have my code ready to establish a connection to the database and too write into the database. But how can i READ from the database? I found this: https://forum.mql4...
[Deleted]
Previous to MT4 Build 600 the establishment of the hierarchical order of lines and labels on a chart, drawn by different indicators and regardless of the order of the indicators as listed in the chart list of indicators, was a splendidly simple and exacting task. All it took was the addition of an...
Hello. Still trying to work with MT4 indies, and there is a recurring problem I am noticing on all of my scripts, and I'm sure the fix is obvious and simple. My desire is to create a script that will ONLY work on the most completed bars... I.e., essentially ignore that current bar where the current...
Hye there. I apologize if this has been asked before. I am a beginner in creating EA and would appreciate it if someone can point it out to any youtube channel or websites that teach me how to write a script in meta editor for free. I would like to create an ea with 3 indicators in indicator chart,...
I've been using two scripts (one for placing buy orders and an equivalent one to sell orders), and every time this script places an order, it plots an arrow and those little lines above indicating the TP and SL levels. Is there a way to prevent these from being plotted? As I need to open and cancel...
  Is there a need for a lock in MT5?  (694   1 2 3 4 5 ... 69 70)
All over the forum in different threads the same question is being discussed with many others on MT5. Maybe discuss one specific one in one thread? Here's part of the report(the whole report would open the logic) of an EA based ONLY on LOCK . I.e. BOTH positions open at once. Your move opposes the
[Deleted]
Hi All, how to get profit in pips? OrderProfit() just for amount deposit, how do we get the profit in Pips? i tried to use MathRound(OrderProfit()-OrderSwap())/(OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE)), but not so accurate!!!!! PLease help, thanks.
hello guys i am trying to understand the time function for a while now but still having some complications  actually i am working on an indicator that show a line 10 pips above and below the candle open price  it will show the line when the price open is below or above the exponential moving average...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Patrick's Expert Template.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2006, InterbankFX llc | //| http://www.interbankfx.com |...
How do Read Alerts information ?
Hello, I've bought many EAs and I would like to install them using the function "install on the terminal". I am logged in with my mql5.com account credentials in MT4 and I am able to see my mql5.com balance in MT4. I cannot download any EA because there is no EA appearing in MT4 after I clicked...
Hello, I'm using Oanda for forex, but found that their own web platform forces me to write out every individual order for placement. Just downloaded MT4 because I think it can help me with the following: Basically, I trade by dropping hundreds of orders at a time across the 8 major pairs on the 1 HR...
I have several indicators that display in the top left corner of the chart, just where the order dropdown lies. There is no code for me to edit and no input for chart position or window. Is there a way to control where the data displays?
Hi I'm new to C++ MT4 style.  Can someone please help me to understand how to prevent my custom indicator objects being duplicated when I open the MT4 application?  The duplicated objects dissappear once I click into another timeframe (H1) and click back to the orginal timeframe (M30).  I have tried...
  Check Code  (6)
i just wanted to check this example : //input in EA, takeprofit =30; stoploss =0; //void akeprofitmodify(); if(Ask< TakeProfit) OrderModify(OrderTicket(),Ask,0,Ask+30*Point,0,0); Is this correct? Thank you
  ICHIMOKU STRATEGY  (39   1 2 3 4)
I've been trying to create an expert advisor which will automatically buy 1 unit when the tenkan-sen>kijun-sen (when the tenkan-sen line is above the kijun-sen line) and then sell it once the tenkan-sen is lower than the kijun-sen. I'm a complete newbie and started it yesterday by trying to piece
[Deleted]
  Next Timeframe  (7)
I need a function to calculate the next timeframe up from the current chart. So if I'm trading on a 30 tf I'd want it to return 60. Thanks.