MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 358

Hi all, The value of my Comment doesn't change once it is initialized. I"m sure it has something to do with the docs below, but I'm not 100% sure because the Comment does initialize and show the value exactly 1 time then it's static from there on. From the docs. Please describe "Arrays cannot be...
Hi all, how can I determine the first H4 bar of the day ? I'm trading on H4 timeframe and need to analyze some indicators at the first H4 bar of the day. Help is appreciated. JoDax.
If I am posting in the wrong area Please let me know where the correct area would be. I have searched everywhere for an indicator that will place a horizontal line at the previous candles open close MID Point and no luck. And no the moving average set to 1 and H/L/2 is not what I want does anyone...
Hi please help. Below is a test code for placing arrows and sending e-mails based on two conditions. When attached to a chart, it backfills when conditions are met. This is intentional. I am unable to limit the e-mails to one per bar when the conditions are met. I am currently trying to use...
  Currency indices  (2)
Is there a reference for Currency indices?
  Leverage  (4)
How to change laberage in my signal  acoutI was change lavarage in my acount fbs but in my signal acount not be change
Hello guys! I have an issue regarding an EA I recently coded. I detected that sometimes it freezes the mt4 platform and I have to restart it or wait until it responses. I manage to identify that the function that was causing the issue is this one: void checkForMods()  {   uint...
When I trade in MT4, I scale out. When I reach my TP1 and close half, it does not show as profit gained in my account; instead, it is showing as a deposit. I am trading with IG. Any suggestions on how to fix?
Hi I use 3 tiled windows. This didn't happen before. Each time I placed an order, the chart window that I used to place the order auto zooms out and I have to again press tile windows button to get my 3 windows setup. I've deleted custom EAs and indicators too. What might be the problem and how can...
Need help in writing icustom function for this indicator to produce sell and buy signal
Hey all, I execute my orders in my EA as such. stopLoss = low*0.9975; OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,Slippage,stopLoss,NULL); All the trailing stop examples I find online deal in fixed pips where as I am dealing in a dynamic price. Is there anyway to enable trailing stop-like behavior
guys someone help me please, I need a function to stop sending pending orders at specified time for example I need to stop @ 20.00
Hello,  This is an old // coded by hirdes, Chemnitz, Germany, 07.2019              extern double LongEntry=0.00;extern double ShortEntry=0.00;extern int hour=8;extern int minute=00;extern int Account=0;extern double Lots=1.0;extern int Slippage=2;extern int StopLoss=200;extern int...
Hi, I downloaded these indicators from the Elite section but they do not work for me. Please, can you tell me how I can make them work? Thanks very much
  Annoying alert!  (2)
Is there a  manner how I can disable the continuous "boing" sound  on MT4, as price  changes? I have  disabled the sounds  in -options - events, but to  no  avail.
Hi Team, Since this morning 8 July 2019, I am having issue to login onto my iphone MT4 account , Error message : connection closed due to invalid server name. contact your broker.  I tried reinstalled and change my password.  Please advise if you can help with this issue.  Thanks. 
Is it possible to open order with pop up alert. For example, some indicator has no buffer and has popup alert. If ALERT =TRUE, then I can see "CALL" alert message as popup. Then I want to place order with Ordersend code. Is it possible?
how to make a mt4 indicator that is a .ex4 file popup alert send push notification
Hi, I did some searching on MQL5 market and the internet, and did not quite find what I was looking for.  Does anyone know of an EA/utility that can simply block trades such as NZDUD Short,  XAUUSD Long, etc?   The objective is to have this fonctionality on top of another EA that trades anything it...
lot size = 0.8 / 2; //success become 0.4lot size = 0.6 / 1.5; //fail to become 0.4 WHY?
How can i define ENUM_TIMEFRAME as variable without turn it into integer ?
I try to back test my expert advisor, but it keep sending error 130 / 138, very rarely it goes thru. I read somewhere that I can't use predetermined variable for backtest, I already try to change all the predetermined variable. Is something else piploss = pipgain  = 0.03 double price =...
#property copyright "Copyright 2019, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"#property version   "1.00"#property strictextern int BiggestCandleRange = 6 ;extern bool RoomToTheLeft = true ;extern int RoomToTheLeftCandle = 10 ;extern double RoomThreshold = 5.0 ;extern int...
  Indicator error  (3)
Hello everyone. I found an interesting indicator on this forum (vq indicator) and I was willing to try it. When I tried to compile it, it throws me 6 errors that are all related to this line  for(i=0, int y=0;i<limit;i++) {if (Time[i]<TimeArray1[y]) y++;  SumVQ[i]=SumVQ_MTF[y];} The errors are:...
[Deleted]
Friends, I have developed an EA, wherein the buy/sell order will be placed on meeting a condition in EA. But when I run my EA in strategy tester of MT4, on some days this EA is not placing order even though the condition is met on those days during back testing. On other days EA is placing...
This is a little script that closes all open charts but one in the terminal. I then try to change the time period but it gives an error saying it cannot find the chart. Any ideas please? void OnStart(){ long currChart, prevchart = ChartFirst(); int i=0,limit=100; while(i<limit) {  currChart =...
Please advise on how to change code to cause indicator to print numbers above price bar rather than within the body. this is the MAB_TD_sequential indicator available for download.  Please be specific as i am not a programmer.  I assume after the changes are made, i recompile, and it should go into...
  iATR usuage  (1)
Hi,  In MQL4 After I do "OrderSend (Symbol(), OP_BUY, 1.0, Ask, 0, Ask - iATR(NULL, 0,14,1)*1.5, Ask + iATR(NULL, 0,14,1), "TEST", 123, 0, GREEN);" on a backtest, I reviewed the trades and it showed me SL and TP that are calculated using a different ATR value than the value from loading the ATR...
  Break in Indicator  (16   1 2)
Is there a way to stop the indicator from drawing when a certain criteria is met? I am currently trying to program a D-Wave indicator and I am trying to figure out how to "stop" the indicator when the wave is completed. The attached code will currently have a line that goes from when the wave is...
(Hello), how to structure a function call to return two different variables? Example: // Functionint OrdersCount(){  for(...){    OrderSelect(...){      OP_BUY(...){Long++;}      OP_SELL(...){Short++;}      }    }  return(Long||Short);  }// Callif(OrdersCount(Long or Short)<1){OrderSend(Long...