MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1525

Hello everybody, I am puzzled as I do not understand why I get different results using a same EA on two different computers. Any ideas ? Thank you for your help Fabrice
Can someone help me? I have put together an indicator that uses various arrays. I have confirmed that my arrays are populated. But when I try to display my final array elements, I do not get anything? Can someone help me with the arraycopy function? This is where the problem resides.
[Deleted]
  Initial deposit size - what is it?  (172   1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18)
I'm not a very experienced trader. I've been messing around with MTS, playing for funnies - it seems to be working. How big is the initial real deposit? 25,000, 50,000, 250,000 rubles? What is your opinion
[Deleted]
Hi, Can someone explain me why an EA works perfectly on 100 trades with the regularity we are all looking for and then, at a potentially strategic limit, stops working. example : take the standart EA "moving average 12/6" proposed in the basic configuration of MT4, use it on M1 on EUR/USD, you will
Hi I want an indicator that show place of open and close orders on the chart with statement for input. If you have this indicator please share with me.
  AutoPilot Key  (1)
Just purchases FAP and have followed the installation procedure including the alerts. I am not getting my Expert ID, and hence can't get my FAP key from the website. Whats the workaround ckm
PLEASE, YOUR CORRECTION ... TF H1 : TF H4 : TF D1 :
i have my basic strategy down but i need a veteran trader and programmer to colaberate with... i am not sure but i wou
[Deleted]
Hey guys i'd like some coding assistance in adding an email and sound alert to this indicator. It is a adx/dmi system. i would like the email and sound alerts each time the plus DI crosses above or below the minus DI. Also i would like the email alert to state which currency the cross take place on...
[Deleted]
Hi! Is here someone who knows how to implement a md5 function for an EA? I think an option will be using a C Library. But how to get this library working in mql4? On the forum here i found this link : 'how to use mql4 create a function MD5' but this is just a reference to different librarys using...
Hi I have a problem. If i backtest an EA it cames an error at the Journal:2008.11.01 23:06:41 TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD5' What can it be?
Hello, I'm using 100 pips a day EA on demo account and was wondering if it was possible to give it a time limit. So that if the trade is open longer than 10 minutes the expert will close it automatically. I have tried to realize this, but failed^^ Can someone help me get this function in the EA?...
[Deleted]
  Balance Closer  (2)
I have searched this sight without much luck.....does anyone have an EA that will close all open trades when the equity balance exceeds the starting balance by ____% ? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Dan
[Deleted]
Hi, Is it possible to get current time up to miliseconds precision? Any workaround if no embedded mql4 functions available? Thanks! Maciej
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Kiril Kartunov (Liliput) has been published. Kiril Kartunov known to us as Liliput prefers half-automated trading. He likes to control the process. This is why Kiril does not use Trailing Stop thinking that market must not...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Can anyone make some changes on this indicator? It is called VQ. I found it on: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8160 The idea is to have the "alert" just on the next bar after get a trade signal . The indicator is attached. Regards Paulo
Lets say I Place a stop lose or a take profit and it gets triggered. Is there a way to know if they have been triggered, I mean not in the Result Tab, but in my code section, for next routine arrangement. Thanks.
  Tick? Reality or abstraction?  (62   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
The FIRST STONE everyone works with in forex is TICKETS and their size. All other things MINUTES, HOURS, DAYS, etc. are derivatives. Or am I wrong in something? Or maybe, in fact, it is just the contrary - TICKY is a machine derivative of MINUTES, MINUTES of HOURS, HOURS of DAYS? So, ticks are the
Hello, My EA use date from 3 different Time Frames (I have incorporated an indicator code). It gets correct values concerning the Time Frame I am viewing on my MT4 but wrong results for the others I am not seeing. If I change and look at an other Time Frame, then the values are ok for this one...
Here is a result of my EA not yet finalized but tested on the ATC 2008 period from 01Oct08 to 31Oct08 Best regards and good trades Fabrice
Hello Everybody, I am new to this forum...and I would say I have the basics of writing an EA. I have 95% completed an EA but I have run into a situation that I cannot seem to resolve. The EA uses a simple Moving average to dictate when trades are generated. This moving average has to have certian
[Deleted]
Do you want to join my EA's with me? This kind of collaboration is required. The Protection of the System and market developement. I first need to introduce a routine for asking a password periodically. My aim is to be paid once a month unless the new requested password is not delivered and EA can't...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Alternative Review of the Fourth Week's Results has been published. Each week gives more and more materials for analysis. Usually we analyzed results of the top ten. But this time we decided to work with results of all Participants...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Perhaps some of you can help me developing a specific code I need. I know that the routines are already included on mql language but my problem is that I do not know how to program it. I am using a 30M timeframe and I need to get the values for a specific number os bars. The values I need...
Hi all, Below are two charts; but in the second i have used the Fixed Scale to display the candles in a better way, which is Not Stretched, is it possible (by some method) to have a fix minimum range (fixing the minimum range of the y axis), or have the fixed scale dynamic by x amount, rather than...
[Deleted]
so i have made an EA for a System i have been working on for a while. the system consists of three different indicators, which you can see in the picture as three seperate lines of dot. the way the system works is when you get a candle where all threeindicators are the same colour (Red or Blue)...
Hi, on every single platform I've tried, after about a month I can't forward test my EAs on demo accounts anymore. It doesn't help if I create a new account, re-reinstall the platform or anything else. Not even on real account platforms, where I can create an additional demo account, the EA feature...
Is there any possible way to get OnOrderClose event when a trade hits TP or SL?
How do I display the wingdings for values 141, 143, 144? There is no symbol to copy: https://docs.mql4.com/constants/wingdings ArrowNumber[0]= "‹"; // = 0 displays ArrowNumber[1]= "Œ"; // = 1 displays ArrowNumber[2]= "?"; // = 2 DOES NOT display ArrowNumber[3]= "Ž"; // = 3 displays...
Hello! What are the best trading hours in GMT?