MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1360

[Deleted]
I was doing a strategy test and it came up with the following: 2009.12.25 11:33:48 TestGenerator:unmatched data error (volume limit 120 at 2009.12.24 20:00 exceeded) What does this mean?
[Deleted]
I have been demo trading on MT4 until now, i tried entring a trade but it keeps saying "Trade is disabled" and nothing seems moving....the price is at a stall. I close the MT4 platform and open again, it connects but no movement..everything's just stalled. Please someone should help me. Thank you...
We are happy to announce the launch of our new partnership program. It has undergone revolutionary changes, and almost all its aspects have been improved. This new program will be even more attractive and beneficial to our partners! Now our partnership relations will become even closer. Not only we...
  Price line  (2)
I have seen metatrader with a line across the screen at the current price that moves up and down with the price. Unfortunately I cannot find how to add that line to my metatrader. Can someone help me please? MJ
  Two pieces of news  (64   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
As always, one is good, the other you know. 1. The good news: Dub's theorem, is a special case. It could even be called a tautology, because: "A martingale cannot in any way be made non-martingale if it cannot in any way be made non-martingale". 2. The bad news. The financial markets fall under a
Dear all, Thank you for always help at this forum. I am trying to show Bigger font size RSI Value on chart like picture I attached . Pls see Green value in picture. (Top one is RSI, bottom is Ask value) but there is so many zero's .... I would like to show only 3 degits like code I wrote. So, I...
  Help new EA  (2)
Hi, it is my first message and I first would like to congratulate you guys for his fantastic forum. I am trying to introduce the following condition into my EA but I have got confused. I would like to enter long if: RSI of Current Bar is > of RSI of previous Period (x). Let's say the last 14 days....
We can apply expert advisor in any chart. But the problem is when tick changed then only the EA is executed. If there is any way to execute the EA in desired time. For example i would like to monitor a file which holds new order information and if new order information is added in the file then the...
[Deleted]
  pane arrows  (1)
Hi Everyone.. Does anyone know how to fix a problem I'm having with my MT4...I have loaded an indicator which produces arrows on the price chart but as the price bars move the arrows stay where they first formed. I hope I explained this well. Thanks
[Deleted]
In preparing to write my first EA (which includes code to calculate lot purchase size based on risk), I wrote a script to pull various pieces of data from the broker's server, in this case Alpari-US, to make sure the data was being pulled as I expected it to be. I noticed the following in regards to...
[Deleted]
  Normal Inverse  (1)
Is their a Math function that calculates the Normal Inverse for a series of numbers? In Excel I'm using NORMINV. Thanks,
[Deleted]
  yesterday open  (3)
looking for a simple indicator to show a vertical line at yesterday open candle. tried search but did not find one. thanks
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm very beginer in mql4 and I know nothing in C or C++. Anybody can help me to create function to get pip value each time to increase or decrease. Example: Entry price is 0 if (price go up for 1 pip) Pips=1 if (price go down for 1 pip) Pips=-1 In my code I have: extern int TakeProfit=30;...
[Deleted]
if (TimeBar==Time[0]) return(0); if (TimeBar==0) {TimeBar=Time[0];return(0);}//first program run double EMA0 = iMA(NULL,0,period_EMA,0,MODE_EMA, PRICE_OPEN,0) What is Time[0]? I think it is time of the first bar. here Time[0] is 0, if it is 0 it retuns(0).it means it shops execution, when...
[Deleted]
Dear Forum, I was thinking lately how helpful it would be if I can create composites that are not offered by my broker. For example I'd like to create chart of AUDGBP by dividing AUDUSD with GBPUSD, and then if I see some technical setup at that composite it would be much easier to bring decision...
  entrance point  (118   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
I need a more or less normal entry point For this I want to combine as many EAs as possible to create the ratio of their signals for entry The question is how to do it better
On my usual hunt for good (and free) data sources I downloaded 7 majors "Alpari UK" data from 2001-2009 from thetrademachine.com website (http://thetrademachine.com/blog/2009/09/29/set-up-metatrader-history-data-get-90-backtesting-quality/). Problem is these files seem to have 4 digit prices, but...
[Deleted]
here my sample code: int init() { Alert (Symbol()); return; } int deinit() { Alert ("exit"); return; } int start() { Alert("Start"); return; } when I run this code, Im getting values in alert dialog box as follows, 12:52:02 EURUSD sometime Exit. (after long gap) I...
[Deleted]
can any body give a simple code in with the Scenario( which includes bars, lots,st,tp,etc..) Thanks in Adavance, Venkat.
Hi, I’m wondering how to determine that my mqh and library files are correct as they are not compiled? Can I run them through the compiler anyway to have my code for these files checked for errors and warnings or would they generate ‘false errors and warnings’ along with the legitimate ones? Also I
[Deleted]
Hi I wrote a very simple EA and it works in tester properly but it doesn't work as i attach that to a chart . EA is successfully loaded but the first line of start function (a comment line) is never executed. Is there any specific Error or mistake in programing that cause such a condition ? I would...
[Deleted]
1. NormalizeDouble(Ask,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS)) < ====> ASK WHY RESULT DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER?
Hi, Wondering if anyone knows how I can make a label fixed on the chart so it cannot be dragged around after double-clicking on it? Thanks, Jason
[Deleted]
Does it make more sense to run an optimization for 2-3 years and use those settings and hope that it captures 99% of all scenarios? or Run a 1-2 month optimization every month? and use those settings for a month...and then run the optimization again? Thanks, -Ron
[Deleted]
Gentlemen, and Gentleladies, I've been developing and backtesting an EA from scratch from some time. It will be trading strictly EURUSD to begin with. From the beginning I designed the EA to only handle one trade at a time. I now realize that I want to allow not only up to two Buy or 2 sell...
  Text vs Label  (2)
What is the difference? There's no good description of each in the documentation. Can anyone elaborate please?
New article Auto-Generated Documentation for MQL5 Code is published at mql5.com: Thearticle describes the use of Doxygen to create HTML help file fromstructured comments in MQL5 code. Then it can be compiled into a .CHMhelp file by Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop. Author: Paul
Hi all, I have an idea on how to work out support/resistance lines but do not have enough time to program it. I hope those developers who offer their skills at no charge would be interested in implementing this thing to help me out in my trading as well as making a good tool for themselves. Traders...
[Deleted]
I've read a few articles on the subject of calling the MT4 terminal from an external program, but haven't found anything yet that addresses the issue of triggering the start() function without a tick arriving. What I am trying to do is to 'wake up' the start() function so that it will invoke one of...
[Deleted]
Hi people, I´m looking for MQL programmers in order to encode 2 workable strategies. Conditions we better discuss one to one. Skype me best on: palvort or email me with your skype and email adress and best hour to reach you in GMT format. Hope to hear soon from you! Pablo