MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1202

[Deleted]
i like looking at the charts with and without EMA lines..... so I have 2 templates for the same pair, for example, USD/JPY with and without the EMAs... however, support & resistance lines are also part of the templates.... how do we save a template without s/r lines because, as you all know, we...
[Deleted]
hi! when you use extern variables, its often to input a number or to set a bool true or false. in my case, id prefer to let the user choose between some options, like a menu. so i would like to define the different possibilities he'll be able to choose, like a string that allows only 3 possibilities...
hi Guys, I'd like to build and EA that opens/closes positions based on an app external to mt4 like ms excel. is there a way that I can use VB to change the values in a global variable? Has anyone tried this? I'd appreciate your comments/ideas/suggestions =) Thanks!
Hello. where can I download historical data for mt4? (In the historical center appear only, in the case of EURUSD, from 18 to 27 January 2011). Can you help me? thanks trader201
[Deleted]
Is there a way to import CSV data into MT4? Specifically, I have a lot of COT Report data in a spreadsheet. I'm interested in plotting the Commercial Net Position data in an indicator window. Can anyone give some guidance on how to properly format the data in Excel and then how to import it into
  Time EA  (6)
Hello Friends !!!!!!!!!!!!! Exists a time EA, with random entries ?? I want to say that if you open a trade, this trade will be closed after a period of time ?? Really thanks for your answers...
The MT4 terminal says that this IS the support site for the MT4 client as well. I'm well aware that this is primarily a MQL4 programming site. So if this is not also the MT4 client support as indicated in the Help section of the MT4 client (the link brings me here), where is it ? The subject says...
[Deleted]
I have written the following piece of code to show momentum of MA of price as an indicator on the chart. But nothing shows up. whats wrong with the code? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Acc.mq4 | //| | //| |
[Deleted]
So this code sends a mail message whenever an order is entered or deleted or closed. But, it also sends redundant messages whenever the MT4 trading platform is started up as it re-assesses the recently brought up state of the orders. Does anyone know how to fix this? (I was thinking along the lines...
  easy shot there  (4)
I want to modify my order in som script and I wonder how to actually get profit in points instead of dollars I want to know what is the simplest way to do this. OrderProfit()*Point or in both sell/buy case use OrderOpenPrice()-OrderPrice() OrderPrice()-OrderOpenPrice() please help me out
Hi, I’m running some back test in 15 minutes chart, but I can only go back to 2009. I need more data than that to see how my model would behave in a very bear market, like 2008. Where I can get more data in good quality? I can buy it if necessary! Any idea? Thanks
hi am traying to make a rectangle using object creat this is my code ObjectCreate("rectanglename", OBJ_RECTANGLE, 0,Time[x],High[x],Time[x]+period()*60,Low[x] ); if the first time point of the rectangle is a timedate   D'2010.10.08 00:00' i want the second time point of the rectangle to be after 100...
This isn't the first time I've seen threads created that should have been unreservedly deleted. I suggest that all those who wish to do so write down the rules here, violation of which will lead to the unconditional deletion of the topic already created. It really wants to clean the forum from junk
  Reading a file  (2)
Im trying to read data from a .csv file. The file in is the following format: ex. 124124; 1241.21 12241; 131.1 3113; 1213.0 3123; 31.12 ...basically 'n' lines of semicolon delimited values. The left column has all int's while the right has all doubles I am using the following code to read it:...
[Deleted]
When a pending order is executed and then closed out at a loss, I need the EA to re-entry the order. I have tried various ways of getting this done with no success. Is it not possible? It seems fairly simple.. can anyone help??
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to see my projections on MT4 outside of immediate data. Yes, you can zoom out and assuming you're not a high or low point, get information on projections in a very inaccurate way, but I'm trying to scroll to parts of the charts that may or may not have data at the...
[Deleted]
  Help with EA  (1)
Hello everyone, Wondering if some of you guru's can help me out.... I've created an ea with an online builder, and when I just add variables, buy & sell info, the ea works fine. But once I add in any StopLoss, TakeProfit, or TrailingStop info, the ea compiles OK but will not work. I mean nothing...
[Deleted]
Hello. Can someone please tell me how to change this code so nothing shows up on the chart. I made a couple of changes already so the lines do not show up anymore. But the little arrows show up the chart. and I'm not sure what to change. Thank you. if (mgrid>=gridspace/2) { for (int...
I would like a function I can add to my EA (any of them) that I can use to test indicator language. For example, if I have an indicator that triggers, (MACD cross over) I would like to call the Arrow Function and have the arrow printed on the chart on that bar. I'm really new at Forex (couple...
[Deleted]
Hi every body, how i can create a routine for my EA start trade in a especific time, example i take this routine with other EA extern string StartTime = "06:00"; // time for start of price establishment window extern string EndTime = "09:14"; // time for end of price...
[Deleted]
Hi, I can't seem to find the solution to this!! I've checked forums and stuff, but I can't find an answer to my problem. I've made an attachment of my entire work. If you can help to make this better, please do! And then tell me of course =) I just started learning MQL4 3 days ago and I'm still...
Hi ND i'd like to talk about the system on this chart i don't know if i can do it here cos it's using indies from the other section .
I wrote this Indi to draw trend lines on a chart. Everything was sweet until I decided to make the Indi callable and return some info. to an EA. Problem is now that over time, the Trend Lines fade out. At first becoming dots then disappearing at then right end completely. The problem is that the...
Ive written an EA that paints a Bar Red directly on the chart, then uses that bar to make comparisons and calculations. Im having trouble keeping track of the bar. Seems bars are NOT objects that i can search for by color, therefore I must track the Bar by Number. Which number should I use??? The
Hello, Any know how Can I use my equity (in my client terminal) online and export to a excel I hope you can help me. Regards
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, First of all, thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate it. I was given a system to automate, and I've had a long tough time of it. I put it all in Excel, but was having trouble automating the data entry and would still have had to make trades by hand, so I started up...
I've just opened an account with Smart Live Spreads and am using MetaTrader which they provide. I'd like to gain an understanding of how the Expert Advisors work. Any suggestions of a guide to look at online? I'm familiar with VB.net, but not C unfortunately. I've started out by looking at the MACD
[Deleted]
Hi all, I followed this article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1533 on how to download data directly from the history center and managed to get it working. However, I have found that it only seems to download the full history for a weird subset of symbols, there does not seem to be any rhyme nor...
Hi hoping someone might advise me what I am doing wrong here i have a indicator that works well with a standard condition like: if x(i) > x(i+1) UpBuffer[i] =1; else if x(i)<x(i+1) DownBuffer[i]=-1, else ZeroBuffer[i]=0.5 however I want to add additionaol conditions like the following (yet despite...