MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1085

[Deleted]
Hello, We are having an issue defining our Stoploss and Takeprofit levels. We broke down the MACDsample EA supplied with MetaTrader 4 to a simple Macd Cross EA. We can set the takeprofit and stoploss values but the EA backtest results are inconsistent with what we have set. We are not sure if we are...
[Deleted]
I have a workable EA based on RSI. I seek for help to improve this EA with an automated lot size (increase or decreases automatically depending on current margin or equity) Can someone help me with this?
[Deleted]
Good morning, as always, the first steps are the most difficult ones, so I appreciate help. I have tried to adapt the codes of existing indicators, but I have difficulties. So I prefer to specify what I would like to do: 1. 2SMASlope_Indicator: Inputs: Fast = length of SMA1 (= 1st Simple Moving
Hello! I've looked in the forum but cannot find anything. Before I go and code it myself, I thought I would ask - is there an equidistant channel indicator? Something I can access from within an EA? Thanks very much!
Hi, I have created my first basic indicator which was working fine until i tried adding arrows to it. The indicator is a basic envelope indicator which sounds an audio alert and prints a message when the price hits the top or bottom 15% envelope of the 5EMA (minus a 20 point buffer - to give me a...
[Deleted]
I noticed of recent that something is wrong with my MT4 platforms(about 4 of them) because i could not open the properties window, the Option tab under Tools, cannot apply indicators or scripts and the already applied indicators could not have their parameters changed because the window would not...
  My MT4 closes  (2)
Hi there, I just installed the new version of MT4 build 409 on my VPS (my broker is FXPro), and all the EA's, and i don't now why but the MT4 is always closing. I already uninstalled and installed again and it seams that the problem maintains. This is only happening since i've updated. I also have...
Hi, I have a problem with my program idea. I am able to draw my trading idea like a state machine with different states and different steps at each state. But I can't program it in the right way :-( In a few points in my program I have to ensure that a certain step would be done and nothing else but...
  Triangular arbitration  (66   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Arbitrage on three currency pairs as a continuation of the already mentioned topics: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/111484/page5 and https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/128859/page98 Algorithm: We enter the market on the arbitrage condition (we open three positions simultaneously on three pairs): EURUSD
[Deleted]
Hi, is it possible to program mq4 to do some action at the moment of execution of a waiting order? For example, delete all pending orders or write info into an external file.OrdersTotal doesn't distinguish pending orders.
[Deleted]
Lets start by showing you the code for placing the order, I've added some notes to avoid confusion: int iSuccess; double iStopLossShort = (dCurrentPriceBid)+(35*Point*10); // I set the current Ask and Bid price to a variable in the Start function so I work with the same value for all...
Hi, does anybody know, how I can change the dafeult setting of chart that are started by the tester (isVisualMode()). I would likt to start the new chart without the grid (uncheck "show grid") and with some other colors more darken one like DarkSlateGray. That way the comments of the EA being...
[Deleted]
I am trying to write data to excel and no errors arise when I compile but If I have a loop I my function is supposed to open the file to write initialized as such string filename=StringConcatenate("Quantitative_Info",Symbol(),"_",timeperiod,".csv");    int handle=FileOpen(filename...
[Deleted]
Hi ! I cant speak english very well and i need your help. I have code like this; ..... void ExportDeals() { int dg; string st=""; dg=MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_DIGITS); if (dg==0) if (StringFind(OrderSymbol(), "JPY")<0) dg=4; else dg=2; st=st+DoubleToStr(OrderTicket(), 0)+";";...
[Deleted]
Hi I'm new to the MQL4 and I would like to know how can I add a trade position or do some calculations at a new candle opening ? Thanks for any help
  ZigZag breakout  (16   1 2)
Hi all, I'm quitte new in MQL4. But i'm looking for a simple ZigZag breakout EA. Entry long when the previous zigzag peak is broken out and the previous low must be higher than the low before the previous low, and simultaneouly a CCI value of over 100 is reveived. Entry short when the previous...
[Deleted]
  thinking mistake  (2)
Good day, double highestP = High[ iHighest ( NULL , 0 ,MODE_HIGH, 48 , 1 )]; int x = iHighest ( NULL , 0 ,MODE_HIGH, 48 , 1 ); double xrespMAh = iMA ( NULL , 0 , 20 , 0 , 0 , 2 ,x); bool highcheck; if (highestP > xrespMAh) highcheck = True; else highcheck = False; I have thinking mistake: I
  Stochastic Oscillator value  (16   1 2)
Hi I plotted the Stochastic Oscillator from the Indicators folder shipped with MetaTrader version 4 build 210 and wantedto use its values in a my code. so I found double iStochastic(string symbol, int timeframe, int %Kperiod, int %Dperiod, intslowing, int method, int price_field, int mode, int...
  doshurBot  (10)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| doshur Bot.mq4 | //| doshur | //| www.doshur.com...
Good afternoon! Subj: http://etd.ohiolink.edu/send-pdf.cgi/Lakshminarayanan%20Sriram.pdf?ohiou1127333497&dl=y In this article, the researcher achieved a daily closing price prediction accuracy of around 94% for exchange-traded instruments. His test sample size was: 158 days. He built a predictive
Hello every body I need an indicator that show me the charts of M30,H1,H4 under the chart when I use Strategy tester in MT4. For example,I am on M5 time in strategy tester,I can see only the M5 chart,but I like to see the M15,M30 and ... chart too in live time of strategy tester,I also want to see...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am runng windows Vista x64, 80% of times when I copy some text ( pressing ctrl+c ) in MetaEditor it crashes, I believe this should be a problem with MetaEditor as my windows is very fresh with no problems, I tried to copy the text of Problem signature, but it was not working, so I post screen...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am a novice MQ4 programmer. I am looking for someone to hire to help me with completing my EA (the hard parts) and to educate me on the associated code. I would expect the programmer to place enough comments in the EA to explain the code intent and then time for us to discuss. I don't...
Hi, I am a newbie in MQL4 programming, I am having a problem applying my crossing MA Expert Advisor in my live trade? I made the program, successfully compile it, backtest it, quite happy with the result, ready to test it in the real live trading..... only to find this illogical problem... which is...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to write a program using the CCI index. I've noticed the chart value of CCI, and the value which the program obtain are different! When you write Comment("CCI: "+CCI); The value shown at the top-left of the chart is different from the value of the visual index. How is that possible?
I trie to create a time lock with this code but it doesn´t work all the time. Less trades are created, but when looking at the result I can se that there are two losses occuring within a smaller timeframe than the coded time lock should accept. Code explanation: If orderprofit is less than 0 I...
i am new to expert advisor. may i know how to set an exit if the current CCI value lower/higher than the previous value? if(iCCI(NULL,0,7,PRICE_TYPICAL,0)>iCCI(NULL,0,7,PRICE_TYPICAL,2)) ?? I really need help here!~
[Deleted]
I have a problem with assignments. In my code I have higher = (high - close)*0.33; the right side of the = operator has a value of 7.2 and the left has 0.99 after it is supposed to be initialized by the right side. higher,high, and close are declared as doubles and the high and close are assigned as...
This thread is a technical continuation of the "NFA ban on locking from 15 May 2009" thread. In particular, starting with this post: 'NFA bans locking from 15 May 2009' solandr 26.04.2009 12:06 2. If you have an American brokerage account you will divide it into 2 separate accounts of equal size. On