General - page 1683

I would like to open a new thread exploring time based pattern analysis. As a base for the thread we can start reading my article at mql4 which investigate best trading hours using metatrade 4 for analysis. Using MetaTrader 4 for a Time Based Pattern Analysis - MQL4 Articles Starting from this base...
Is there any possibility for Ord() and Asc() function without using importing dll?
  MA Candles  (66   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
As requested let me know if you need anything else done with it - i have included a very simple Comment so you can see the MAs being used. 7/02/2008 Updated code to have shift values under the inputs. ma_candles.mq4 [attach]53834[/attach]
Hi Scorpion Hey I have what may be a great trading indicator in mind and I thought may be you would consider programming it into a MT4 indicator. Here's the thought. Take the SHI-Channel indicator and re-write the program to have two channels showing at once. For instance, a setting of zero (0)...
I tried asking this once already, and the admin moved the post to the programming forum. Its not a programming question, it is simply a question on how to use MetaTrader. Is there a better forum for simple MetaTrader usage questions? It should be an easy question, but I can't figure it out. Say I...
Hi, I have noticed that there are circumstances at the moment due to the significant interest rate differentials we have between various countries, whereby a hedged carry trade can be opened utilising 3x crosses. I opened a couple of demo accounts to trial my theory about two weeks ago and thus far...
for any of you who plan on moving to autotrading on Interactive Broker or who already are struggling: for beginners who has no prior language exposure, Excel VBA was a good pick. but its not easy! IB API is very poorly documented and DDE is virtually completely ignored in most cases by IB's support....
Hi, I downloaded, at history center, the data of EUR/USD 1M. It downloaded more than 3.500.000 bars and at history center it shows something like that: "65.000/3.500.000 records" When I export these records, it only exports 65.000... how can I export all of the downloaded data? thanks
I am looking for any mt4 brokers that offer USDEUR. Looking at ISE currency options are like this and a bit confusing when comparing to EURUSD on a real time basis--should I buy a call or a put???
  Multi Dynamic Trend  (21   1 2 3)
This is not intended as a tease i just thought that i would post a screenshot of my latest TREND indicator, i am currently working on a security code to protect my investment in time and will post a trial version when that code is completed and tested to my satisfaction This Dynamic trend display
Any expert here can create/modify a Martingle code, that make pending order for buy/sell just only for size 0.10 not double it like .10,.20,.40,.80,1.60......? Thanks
  Probability indicator  (15   1 2)
Hi, I would like to ask you, if exist an indicator that have as input the number of pips that you want gain, and as output the percentage of success about target. I don't know which indicators could be used for this purpose. I'd like that this indicator worked on 5min time frame. If it don't exist,...
I put some info on the screen with OBJ_LABEL, but the values is hard to see due to the graph in tha background. So, I want to put a background right where the values are... and trying to do this with OBJ_RECTANGLE. Can I somehow get the rectangle "fixed"? Like using OBJPRO_XDISTANCE? My problem...
Hi I attached two charts. I need an alert whenever stochastic %K and %D lines cross each other above 80 or below 20 as shown in 4H picture by blue arrows. Also, I need another alert (seperate from the above - I need them to be two different indicator files), whenever both stochastic %K and %D lines
  What is 200SMA?  (3)
Hi all Does anyone know what is 200SMA and 3SMA? Thanks.
Hi, How i must understand this sentence that selects an order when it makes reference to the Magicnumber. This is the script (what it does?) // Order Management // for(cnt=OrdersTotal();cnt>=0;cnt--) { OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if( OrderSymbol()==Symbol() &&
Is there any restriction of max number of strategies which Meta Trader4 can monitor? It may be related to PC spec. Anyone who monitor and automated trade several strategies using Meta Trader4? Please help me!
  Trading basics  (21   1 2 3)
Hi I would like to enter the forex market in small way and I need some assistance. Can some one help? Thanks in advance Phil
Hi, How could I identify if an order comes from a signal (example1: if (Close 1 && XX) BUY) or of another one (example2: if (Close 1 && YY) BUY) to assign different SL and TP to them. both are buy signals If i use differents OrderSend, can i identify each one? Thanks.
Ok, lets start over Here is my simple EA that opens a Buy or Sell when both indicators agree in the same direction. As you can see by the chart backtest, first trade opened wrong direction and not on the exact time the indicators agreed. Please help. I'm trying to learn what is going on so to not...
Hi all! This is my first post! I opened a EUR/JPY position on Friday, Feb. 1, and the trading was supposed to close on 10 pm GMT but my platform (avatrader) closed it on 9:58 or 9:59 exactly some seconds before I was going to close my position. Now I am worried that after reopening on monday I...
  Need Help. Help!  (11   1 2)
Hi, everyone! I looking for someones help! Is there any people who could borrow me +- 50k$ for 3-6month? I give the amount back with %%% Lets say we sign the document I give my detail (bank statement where address is included, copy of my passport etc.) I am from Ireland, I am a student and I really...
  Scammers selling commercial ?  (30   1 2 3)
Hi I got scammed - Touch The Sky - The_Market_Wizard OILFXPRO
Hi Guys, I've got an idea for an indicator that I'm going to have coded for me and I'd like a bit of advice as I'm not sure what would be best. Basically I would like a database of all regular scheduled news events. The database would contain the name of the news event, the date and the time. I'm
  The First Book on MQL4  (19   1 2)
With support from MetaQuotes Software Corp., the first textbook on programming in MQL4 is now ready. You can read the book from the website free of charge. The book is intended for high readership interested in developing of automated trading programs for MetaTrader 4 Clent Terminal. At the same...
  iRSIonArray()  (2)
I can't get this function to work - it returns results quite different from iRSI(). Does anyone have any code examples of how to use iRSIonArray()? And yes, I am using ArraySetAsSeries() on the array before passing to iRSIonArray() ;). Here is an example: Thanks, Alan double...
Should i buy a pda or a smartphone? What sepperates the two softwares? Do i get the same functions?
I am looking for a free source to feed my Forex Meta Trader 4 platform with DOW, CAC and other indexes Thanks Nick
  DiNapoli EA  (27   1 2 3)
I found the attached indicator by doing a Google search. Though the name is called DiNapoli however I cannot be 100% certain that it bases its sell/buy decision on Fibonacci principle. It is working quite successfully for me in manual trading in the last seven months. I trade mainly USDJPY, AUDUSD,...
Hello, Where can I find documentation on MetaTrader 4 language. For example, order functions. Thanks, Miguel