General - page 1651

I've read about it but am not sure to understand everything about it. Someone could explain ? My question is in fact a super basic one : is it a good or a bad thing ? To me, looks like more flexibility but maybe I am wrong.
Hello, For an EA... what happens to code running in init() when a new tick comes in? Will init() always complete and the tick be ignored? What has priority init() or start()? Thanks! -charliev
Hi, what do you guys think of building our own backtester, so any csv/tab delimited timeseries from text files can be accurately tested on a tick-by-tick basis with the standard .mq4 EA? How much work would that be? And what would it be worth... Would that be something you are interested in?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Reporting the Seventh Week (10-16 November) has been published. The seventh week made some changes in the top ten. What is unchangeable is the position of a Participant from Russia Gorez - he is still on the first place. His Expert...
Is it true that METAQUOTES creates an automated trading system called Wealth Compounding System (WCS) ? I received information from a friend that there is someone selling FOREX workshop using WCS and he said that WCS is developed by METAQUOTES, collaborates with some winners from the 2006 and 2007
Dear comuunity users, I am new in this trading but any thing i m getting, i m losing, is there a way to show me how should i go ahead in this trading. regards, Jam
I just started using the Yoww Neural Network EA and I'm excited to try an EA that actually adapts and learns from its mistakes but I want to document the results that I get so that everyone can see them. I think we should all do this when we get new EAs so that the scammers can be exposed, that way
I have a custom indicator for weekly pivots that I use on many charts. If I change the inputs in the mq4 file and compile it, all inputs are changed on all charts as expected. However, if I compile it and copy the exe4 file alone to another pc, it still has the old pivot data in it. That doesn't...
Nov. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Investors in the $591 billion high- yield, high-risk loan market are accusing Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of naked short selling to profit from record price declines. Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
can i use mtpredictor with mt4 data?
Now that GE slimed its way into the TARP. Guess what their up to. FT.com / Companies / Media - GE chief signals appetite for media assets Why there isn't millions of people tearing down Washington right now is beyond me. I guess they need more than MSNBC, CNBC and NBC networks to convince the dumb...
Hi all, Not sure to use the right forums, but hey... Anyone here using Metatrader with virtualisation (VMware,...). I try to install almost no software on my PC and rather put them inside some virtualized part. But I am concerned virtualization might slow down the software -> slow down the trades.
How do I transfer them from MT4 on one PC to another? Any profiles I create don't seem to appear in the Profiles directory. Thus transferring that directory, or even the entire MT4 folder doesn't work. I assume the user Profiles are on my hard disk somewhere but they don't seem to be in the usual...
I am receiving an error when attempting to open a Long position: OrderSend Error 130 Error Opening Long Order: 130 Here is the code, which was modified from a expert advisor that can open trades without error. So I'm not sure why I'm receiving this error. if(BarClose<Bollinger_Lower &&...
I am looking for 15-minute candlestick gbp/usd charts starting from 1980. Does anybody know where I could find them?? Thanks in advance
I have two interesting indicators that look very effective but I don't have time to look at the screen all day to test out. Once you have the Goldminer1 and Goldminer2 set up on the 1 hour chart you are looking for the signals which are as follows RED + PURPLE ARROW = SELL BLUE + YELLOW ARROW = BUY...
  ADX Candles  (19   1 2)
A few people have been asking for an ADX Candles indicator. This ADX indicator has 3 Candle Display options. ADXPeriod = 14; ADXSignal_Level = 21; XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ="CANNOT have 2 INPUTS = TRUE"; NOTE_1_XXXXXXXXXXXXX = "ADX / PLUSDI / MINUSDI / Signal"; ADX_plus_DI_Levels = true;...
Hello, Just trying the program. Looks nice. A few things however. How can you change the time to my local time? I had a problem that automatic trades did stop and on the trial account I lost about 60% overnight.... I do not know at what time and why. On trial accounts, will the system stop...
  Auto Stop Loss  (6)
Hi, Do you know any EA that automatically sets the stop loss after placing the order? Thanks, Vahid
Looking for formula to figure out to loose only total gained profit made if your overall trades total goes deep in negative. example intial depoist 2000 balance 2400....... gain 20% total open trades $-400 EA SHOULD CLOSE THE TRADE Looking this code that will do this logic. I already have the...
Hi, I am using interbankfx MT4 for trading. I tried to use a Martingale EA named muli-lot-scalper, then I found a problem I could not solve. The EA will not work right unless I set the start lot higher than 0.05. -------- When the lot is less than .05 lot, for example .01lot, the EA will only open
Hello, Can someone point me to using a read buffer? Here is some code that I need convereted to MT4: char msgBodyBuf[1024];memset(msgBodyBuf, 0, 1024); Thank you. -charliev
How can I set auto take-profits?
  A rookies guide  (14   1 2)
Hi all, This is my first post and i am an extreme rookie with the forex, so i apologize in advance if my ignorance is glowing. However, i have a strong desire to become an extremely successful trader. I was hoping to get a few responses with from successful traders who could hopefully save me...
Hello, I have a need to pass a string INTO MetaTrader and would like to accomplish this through a .DLL. Can someone point me to a .DLL example that shows how to read a string value that is passed through the .DLL? Thank you. -charlie
  This is my Little Ripper EA  (12   1 2)
Gidday Attached is a scalping EA recommend 4HR plus TF entries if open > previous bar close = long if open < previous bar close = short exits reversal 1ema trailing stop 2% TP Enjoy
There is a strange difference between MT4 build 200 running the IBFX version compared to the Alpari build 200 version. Checking CCI values for 2008.10.28 12:00 on th EURUSD 1H History On an historic EURUSD 1H the Commodity Channel Index indicator with HLC/3 gives the value 114.54 for IBFX and 107...
There is a strange difference between MT4 build 200 running the IBFX version compared to the Alpari build 200 version. Checking CCI values for 2008.10.28 12:00 on th EURUSD 1H History On an historic EURUSD 1H the Commodity Channel Index indicator with HLC/3 gives the value 114.54 for IBFX and 107.57...
A friend sent me this analysis. If he is right, and his argument looks sound, which currencies should we consider moving to if/when the dollar starts to crash? << That's the main reason I'm following all of this crap. I want to know what the dollar will do. The dollar has been in slide for years -...