Is tick same pip or pipette?

Hello guys 
tick is equal to pip or pipettes? 

usermql:
Hello guys 
tick is equal to pip or pipettes? 

Tick: Smallest possible move in the market...

pippet: 0.1 pip 

Yashar Seyyedin #:

Tick: Smallest possible move in the market...

pippet: 0.1 pip 

Wrong.   Tick is a price issued as a result of a transaction on a Symbol  it maybe the same higher or lower than the previous tick

Different symbols have different minimum price steps. 

Paul Anscombe #:
Wrong.   Tick is a price issued as a result of a transaction on a Symbol  it maybe the same higher or lower than the previous tick

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/tradeclasses/csymbolinfo/csymbolinfoticksize

pipette is a female pip 

1 tick is the same as 1 pip is the same as 1 point in the context of EURUSD

phade #:
pipette is a female pip 

1 tick is the same as 1 pip is the same as 1 point in the context of EURUSD

I checked gold contract spec on my broker and tick size is 0.01 so my question is that how get pip size for gold? 

I don't think any two people agree upon meaning of pips.

I know that a tick is smallest movement in right side of decimal and so know that brokers count smallest movement price in pipette so Can i say a tick is equal to a pipette? 

usermql #:
I know that a tick is smallest movement in right side of decimal and so know that brokers count smallest movement price in pipette so Can i say a tick is equal to a pipette? 
Do you have a reference to confirm this definition for pipet?

Yashar Seyyedin #:
Do you have a reference to confirm this definition for pipet?
You think i'm wrong? 

@Paul Anscombe #: Wrong.   Tick is a price issued as a result of a transaction on a Symbol  it maybe the same higher or lower than the previous tick

It is actually both! "Tick" can refer to the minimum possible price difference and it can also refer to a price change due a transaction.

It he case of the OP's question, a "tick" can have the same value as pipette or point when referring to "Forex", but when referring to other symbols it may be different ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Symbol Point Value

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.05.18 20:52

There is point size (number of decimal digits) and there is point value. They are two different things. There is also tick size and tick value.

In many case point size and tick size are the same but not always. It is best to use tick size and tick value in your calculations, instead of point size and its value.

Symbol Point Value

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.06.02 01:14

Here are two examples from AMP Global (Europe):

• Micro E-mini S&P 500 (Futures): point size = 0.01, tick size = 0.25, tick value = $1.25
  • EURO STOXX Banks (Stock Index): point size = 0.01, tick size = 0.05, tick value = €2.50

Symbol Point Value

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.05.18 21:05

double
   dbTickSize   = SymbolInfoDouble( _Symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE  ), // Tick size
   dbTickValue  = SymbolInfoDouble( _Symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE ), // Tick value
   dbPointSize  = SymbolInfoDouble( _Symbol, SYMBOL_POINT ),            // Point size
   dbPointValue = dbTickValue * dbPointSize / dbTickSize;               // Point value

Remember, it's best to use tick size and tick value in your calculations, instead of point size and its value.

Reason: