Hello guys! Need some information about slippage in limits orders.

Sup everyone! My Bot working with limits orders, I use slippage, but orders is open without slippage - by best price. How I can fixed it?
Thanks.

A pending order becomes a market order if the price is triggered - you can't escape from this.

Carl Schreiber #:
A pending order becomes a market order if the price is triggered - you can't escape from this.

That mean, it doest matter what king slippage is?

"king slippage" ?

Carl Schreiber #:
"king slippage" 

Sorry, I mean kind.

I still don't understand. Are there different slippages? It simply means (imho) you don't get the price of your order.

Carl Schreiber #:
I still don't understand. Are there different slippages? It simply means (imho) you don't get the price of your order.

I mean, on limit orders, it doesn't matter which slippage you set right? Will they be executed in any case at the first available price?

Sergei Melnikov #:I mean, on limit orders, it doesn't matter which slippage you set right? Will they be executed in any case at the first available price?
The maximum deviation/slippage setting is only effective for "instant execution" policy. It has no effect for "market execution" policy.

Sergei MelnikovSup everyone! My Bot working with limits orders, I use slippage, but orders is open without slippage - by best price. How I can fixed it?

If you want to simulate slippage in the back-tests, you have to select "Every tick based on real tick data" in the MT5 Strategy Tester.

Fernando Carreiro #:
The maximum deviation/slippage setting is only effective for "instant execution" policy. It has no effect for "market execution" policy.

Thank you for your answer!

Sergei Melnikov #:I mean, on limit orders, it doesn't matter which slippage you set right? Will they be executed in any case at the first available price?

You can also introduce a delay so that it suffers slippage ...

Reason: