"Use date" feature on the backtester

The "Use date" feature on the backtester isn't working.

When I try to backtest only the previous week or month, it uses my entire dataset.

- Vooch

I have some more information about this bug.

In the USA, when we click the calendar drop-down box on the "Use date" field, and choose a date, it shows up as MM/DD/YYYY which is normal for us. But, when you click the "Start" button, it performs the tests using DD/MM/YYYY.

[01:24:22] <Bullrich> this is the german form of writing a date
[01:24:39] <Vooch> yeah, numerous countries use DD/MM/YYYY
[01:25:06] <Vooch> But... in the USA, when we click the drop-down box for the calendar, it populates that field as MM/DD/YYYY
[01:25:14] <Vooch> but then processes it as DD/MM/YYYY

The "Use date" feature on the backtester isn't working.

When I try to backtest only the previous week or month, it uses my entire dataset.

- Vooch

Please, describe the situation in details. What are you doing step-by-step and what is the jornal messages.

I've been having the same problem. When I change the period to M1, it totally ignores what dates I have marked. I have historical data back to June 04 on M1; I picked it up from Alpari's site. So its not a lack of data. If I can get you some log files I will.

I also have problems running backtests on EA's that have user declared/defined functions in it. For instance if I have a function called CalcMACross() that is defined at the bottom of the .mq4 file, especially if I have several functions, it seems that the backtester does not play well with these EAs. When re-write the EA without seperate functions it backtests normally.
Reason: