Coding Language

Guys,

Which coding language is required to create an MT5 and MT4 EA? Python, MQL or something else?

Thanks,

Pej

PejiK: Which coding language is required to create an MT5 and MT4 EA? Python, MQL or something else?
Just as the name of website states — MQL

Fernando Carreiro #:

Thanks!

Fernando Carreiro #:

Why is this difficult to find a good trusted MQL developer?

PejiK #: Why is this difficult to find a good trusted MQL developer?

It sometimes depends on how much you are willing to pay for a good programmer.

The higher skilled programmers that are also good at trading, are obviously going to charge much high rates.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It sometimes depends on how much you are willing to pay for a good programmer.

The higher skilled programmers that are also good at trading, are obviously going to charge much high rates.

Even if I find a good developer, how would I know that the products has no bugs?

PejiK #: Even if I find a good developer, how would I know that the products has no bugs?

By testing! By knowing how to trade properly. By doing your research. By good and honest communications between you and the coder. By building a long-term business relationship.

In other words, the same way you do things in the real world with any other professional relationship.

Also read the following ... Tips to avoid being scammed …

PejiK:

Guys,

Which coding language is required to create an MT5 and MT4 EA? Python, MQL or something else?

Thanks,

Pej

You could also learn python , i mean , in case mql titanics

@Lorentzos Roussos #: You could also learn python , i mean , in case mql titanics

Do you know of any other major trading platform that uses Python?

I don't. In fact, most use their own programming language, but some have adopted C# (at least three that I know of).

Fernando Carreiro #:

Do you know of any other major trading platform that uses Python?

I don't. In fact, most use their own programming language, but some have adopted C# (at least three that I know of).

Some may adopt python then . How hard is C# ? 

Lorentzos Roussos #: Some may adopt python then . How hard is C# ? 

Depends who you ask! I prefer C, then C++, than C#, in that order. And out of all the languages I have experimented with, Python is at the end of the list just before COBOL.

Reason: