How do I make the output on a chart in monospaced font? - page 5

Alexey Volchanskiy:

These are all surrogates. And each one requires serialization/deserialization. For example, in WCF I can send an instance of any complex class with data fields over the Internet, by any available protocol, and I don't need to think how to pack/unpack it, all is done by API. All I need is to know such class at receiving end.

That's how it's done universally for any data.

fxsaber:
Alexey Volchanskiy:

These are all surrogates. And each one requires serialization/deserialization. For example, in WCF I can send an instance of any complex class with data fields over the Internet, by any available protocol, and I don't need to think how to pack/unpack it, all is done by API. All I need is to know such class at receiving end.

That's how it's done universally for any data.

I'm talking about ready-made solutions

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I am talking about ready-made solutions.

MQLs are out there.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Can you post the code with the individual loops?

Please.

Files:

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Can you post the code with the individual loops?

But with MT4 it is a different story.
While on MT5 Comment and Canvas work roughly the same, on MT4 Comment works 1000 times faster. I conclude that in MT5 Comment is implemented through internal BitMap, while in MT4 it is somehow different. The difference is impressive. I will probably move this question to the bugs thread.

Files:

Nikolai Semko:

But with MT4 it's a completely different picture.
If on MT5 the performance of Comment and Canvas is about the same, on MT4 Comment is 1000 times faster. I conclude that in MT5 Comment is implemented through an internal BitMap, while in MT4 it is different.

Thank you for the source code. In principle, I'm not critical for my current tasks, but I'll run some tests tomorrow.

fxsaber:

MQL is there.

Yeah, there's an assembler. If you need an API, you just have to purr in Asm, that's all.)

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yeah, there's an assembler. If you need an API, you just go and purr in asm, that's all.)

So the API will be given, who will use it?

fxsaber
:

So the API will be given, trading operations and a tester and a compiler. Performance issues are not raised by any of the users! No one! We have the Cloud, let's spit or leave performance bugs unnoticed. So, the tester calculates two times slower than it could - big deal! So it's lagging in terminal, nobody cares. The main thing - to discuss zero pings and millions of passes in GA. This is so disrespectful to the platform by the users, it's a forest beast! Developers don't report bugs because no one uses.

• Custom characters. Now that's a Breakthrough in the mass algotrading industry! Which brings an entire class of trading software to the masses! Nowhere else I could see something similar in simplicity and usability. But it is raw. Very crude. And if this feature is used the way ticks are (they're still glitchy), the improvement will take years!
  • Probably, I am only studying it. For my tasks I can not see any real use for it yet.
    1. Tester. Cloud data transmission and reception. -No, not heard. The first question - why? Really, and there are zero articles on the subject. There is a demo in KB, as well as a demo on OpenCL. But even on the forum there is zero interest.
    I don't really trust the tester. But I do trust my own models in Matlab. Because they are mine from beginning to end.
    1. Something else, and so many letters.

So what's the problem? Low qualifications, of course. A great community has nurtured many. And I'm one of them. But why isn't it being used? Is it the lack of simple plushies in ME? There will be menus to quickly insert resources and transfer files to the tester, and people may be interested. A bit naive, but better than now - definitely. And in order to have stuffing, let's make shared projects. Only for stuffing, not for relevance. And certainly not for popularisation. For popularisation, Market, Signals and even Job have played a huge role. ME is a paltry motivation to use the features of the platform. They don't and that's it.

ZS Break the kodobase into a dumpster and the rest. Let a qualified moderator classify, choosing the value to the community and the development of the platform as a whole at their discretion. There is a lack of information in the Marketplace about what MT5 features have been used. And if I want, for example, to understand dynamic resources, I can only accidentally stumble upon them in the Market. But it would be convenient to click on "dynamic resources" and get a list of Market products. Looked at the possibilities, saw cool works and lit up. Right now, there's none of that.

When will we see an article from you about dynamic resources? I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

When will we see an article from you about dynamic resources? I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

I've had my barrel of articles. Dynamic resources are when resources(ResourceCreate) change over time. The most primitive one is GUI on canvas.

Reason: